SAU Community

Cruise Accident

Nightcrawler

I know it wasn't drews fault but the thing is that with the driver who was at fault being deceased it might take ages and drew may want to claim on his to get another car, then let the insurance co sort it out.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its wise and quicker to always claim on your insurance anyway, they look at your account of events + the police report and make a decision if you pay an excess based on if it was your fault.

I always have done this. Should you not be at fault your insurance company fixes your car with no hold ups, mean while they chase up the other drivers insurance company or if there is no insurance your insurance company takes the driver to court.

IF you claim through their insurance you have to wait for them to pay excesses etc, its a real pain in the arse.

I was with SGIC before I had the skyline, a driver side swiped me, it turned out he too was with sgic and I had to wait until he had paid the excess even though I had made the claim and not stated which insurance company he was with.

My guess that was just SGIC or possibly the way the crash shop lodged the forms or some thing.

I made a claim through RAA that was not my fault, they simply fixed the car, I didn't pay any excess.

BUT if you don't have full comp insurance then obviously you must go through the hassle of claiming through their insurance.

Guys, this is tragic, condolences to ther driver's family of the festiva, Drew hope you are all well champ. Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be your fault. This is why i insist on midnight cruises due to there not being too many cars on the road and you can see ppl better at night, headlights etc...... daytime cruises are too risky too many cars on the road, also due to this being a colder time of the year there is lots of dew on the road. this is giving us a BETTER name with the piggies even tho' it wasn't drew's fault. SKYLINE and ACCIDENT rings alarms with the cops. AND as far as engineering goes NO car is safer Do we remember EVILR34!!!!!! it peeled open like a coke can. Drew your one lucky fella , go buy a lottery ticket dude......

Hey guys,

havent been on here for a little while and just came on to find out about this...absolutely terrible news. I saw a really brief bit on the news about it while doing something and just saw that it was a silver 33...i didnt know the date of the cruise so it didnt even cross my mind about it. But ive just been reading everyones accounts and would just like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of all those involved...drew, the occupants of the festivas as well as all the people on the cruise who witnessed it. This is something that no one deserves to go through.

Im still feeling the effects of loosing a mate to a single car accident on the 6th of this month and know how hard it must be for those involved in this tragic incident. Thankfully there werent any more vehicles involved, given that it was on a cruise with more cars close by.

A big pat on the back goes to the guys who assisted and everyone for their support.

Take care everyone, and pass on my best wishes to drew who i hope is recovering super quick.

Ben

Edited by beno33

It'd be a nice touch, you'd never manage the logistics of getting people to sign it, so someone did it on everyone's behalf with something generic like:

"From all your friends in the Skylines Australia community."

i think we not only should send a get well card but maybe a few of the older ppls should also visit Jasmin .. not sute though..

any way heres a scan of the new report

post-13315-1148282982.jpg

Yeah its probably not a bad idea, but let things cool down a few days first. I would be happy to go if anyone else wants to go also... let me know. There is no animosity towards young jasmine and it would probably be good to let her know.

It'd be a nice touch, you'd never manage the logistics of getting people to sign it, so someone did it on everyone's behalf with something generic like:

"From all your friends in the Skylines Australia community."

Hey all, I have been speaking with the relative of Jasmine again and he tells me he is going to print out the forums and give her a copy tomorrow so if you have get well messages now would be a good time to post them for her and Drew....

Sarah and I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery, we look forward to seeing you and Drew at an SAU bbq soon!!!

hey guys chanel 7 news came around mine today and got a full interview.

They were trying to blame the imports but i shut them down.

it will be on at 6 pm tonight.

drew is in flinders medical centre. i am going down there tomorrow ne one wanna come?

Ok cool, good stuff johnn.

Well, we all wish drew and jasmine a quick recovery, especially those of us that witnessed the tragic event. To jasmine.. we are sorry for your loss and no-one is blaming you in any way for what happened. It was purely a tragic ACCIDENT.

All the best to you both and your families, regards... Martin aka. [HOSTILE]

ill be going after work i finish @ 3:30 so yes keen for a vist

i briefly spoke to his mum today and got all choked up and almost started to cry so expect sum tear whoever comes with me :)

Sue said (his mum) he can have a few visitors tomorrow..

i will be recording the seven news tonight on my TV tuner and will get the article posted as soon as i can re-render the report

EDIT

i think we should also take a print out all 6 + pages into the hospital for all partied involed to read so they can see our prayers and well wishes getting accross

Edited by Madaz