Nightcrawler

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no worries Nick.

It was very good to see Drew in such high spirits and he really looked 90% fit, which is truly amazing - given the ordeal his body has been through.

He was very chatty and full of smiles, which was fantastic.

His parents and Dana were great too - I think they appreciate our support and well-wishes! Great to see Electro, johnn and Pokie there too!

i wasn't at the hospital :), you've got me mixed up with some1 else ehehe

but it is good to hear that drew is in very high spirits

On a personal level I did mention previously that my family stated to me that they were glad Id had the knee surgery and couldnt go on the cruise. I think thats a natural feeling for my close ones to have. The "what if" feeling................ Altough I reckon they're sick for wishing that theyd prefer me having knee surgery then going on a cruise! :) I know what Id rather be doing :)

Also, IMO it would be abhorently rude for someone who didnt go on the cruise to say that "they wished they were there". In this situation thats the wrong thing to say. So while I would have liked to be cruising in my nice Stagea I certainly would never say that I wish I was there. I can say is that I absolutely Detest the fact that Ive had 9 knee surgeries now.... I had them previously booked-in to be hacked up a couple of days prior to the cruise. Id much rather be having a life and being with fellow RBdet enthusiasts on a cruise then recovering from more butchery. I do regret however that I wasnt there to offer support at the time of need, but I guess we each have a different fate.

Best wishes to all who were there on the day, Brendan

Hey Tangles, I didn't say anything about people wishing they were there. I just thought it was wrong for people to feel 'relieved' that they didn't go. Having said that I hadn't noticed in you post that it was your family that was relieved & I can see your point there.

No offence intended mate. Hope to meet you when you're ready to roll again.

thx heaps Craig R when i went to visit Drew last night sum posts ago i saw mention of well wishes from the UK so i told him, the a skyline club in the UK had heard of the tradgic accident and sent there love

cost nothing to send wishes to sum 1

reward = priceless

to hear people on another continet were concerned for him just make him feel so loved and special... just thinking about it chokes me up

Memorial Cruise can be found here for those that dont know

Dawn Memorial Cruise

Hey Tangles, I didn't say anything about people wishing they were there. I just thought it was wrong for people to feel 'relieved' that they didn't go. Having said that I hadn't noticed in you post that it was your family that was relieved & I can see your point there.

No offence intended mate. Hope to meet you when you're ready to roll again.

None at all mate, and I cant wait to be on the next cruise for sure! Thanks for your kind wishes. God damn having 2 knee surgeies at 1 time is stupid!!!

I just thought Id say in a round-about way in my post (lol) that I think itd be hard for someone who wasnt there to say anything else but feel relieved that they didnt have to see such a tragic accident. Thats all, Im sure everyone wants to be driving their sweet-as car meeting like minded people. In this instance it ended in tradgedy. We all grieve for those involved, and our thoughs are with those in need.

On some of my hills sportsbke rides Ive witnessed some terrible accidents, horrific in fact, and you wouldnt wish that vision on anyone. I can fully understand that most people who were there on the day will take a long time to get past the visions in their head. Best way imo is to talk about it, and be open with your feelings.

To the young lady getting over 2 accidents in succession, my heart goes out to you. Be bright, there is always someone worse off than you, although that thought doesnt help much but it does help put life into perspective. Just love your family and friends and enjoy their love in return. Thats what life is about. Enjoy it.

Awesome to hear about Drews recovery. Fantastic news, well done, keep your spirits high! I hope the other elder lady involved is going to be ok.

Edited by Tangles

thx heaps Craig R when i went to visit Drew last night sum posts ago i saw mention of well wishes from the UK so i told him, the a skyline club in the UK had heard of the tradgic accident and sent there love

Yeah Madaz I have been a member on there longer than on here (not that I really post anything) I was so shocked i put up a thread about it as they hold event regulary as well and hoped that nothing like this had happened over there.

Edited by Whiplash

After reading Madaz's post about Jasmine having had to accidents, I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed about it. I think it would be good of us to maybe try & make a contribution in some way, whether it be moral support & or reaching into our pockets in a bid to improve her health & well being. I'm sure it'd help make it that bit easier to get her life back on track with our support.

Just a suggestion

Its great to hear drew is coming along well, my best wishes and condolences for all others involved. Wish i could come on cruise i am all for cruises for a cause shows we all have a hearts not just cars all i can say to all is life goes on just lift your chin up and keep on going, thankful its not worse than what has happened my best wishes to all and hope all goes well for the future and everyone this effects find their feet

Does anyone have an update on Drew and the others?

Edit: According to this NS.com thread, "~*~Missy~*~" apparenty knows/knew Tony & Yasmin (did we have it wrong as Jasmin?), well she's out of ICU and into recovery which is good, but unfortunatey the older woman from the other car died.

Is anyone else able to confirm this info?

Edited by Oosh

naw no way the other woman died she had little bung knee and slight chest pain (probably seat belt)

Drew went for CT scan today am about to ring him and will update again

yes i think it would be Yasmin thats how her mum was pronouncing it

**EDIT**

Good news Drew is @ home havnt heard from him but dont goto hospital to look or ring :(

Edited by Madaz

Hey just thought I'ld let you know that Drew isnt home yet, he has been transferred to another hospital but I cannot remember the name of it sorry :dry: but he is doing well :(

naw no way the other woman died she had little bung knee and slight chest pain (probably seat belt)

Drew went for CT scan today am about to ring him and will update again

yes i think it would be Yasmin thats how her mum was pronouncing it

**EDIT**

Good news Drew is @ home havnt heard from him but dont goto hospital to look or ring :D