SAU Community

Cruise Accident

Nightcrawler

naw no way the other woman died she had little bung knee and slight chest pain (probably seat belt)

Does anyone know for sure?? She may have had a cut artery and was internally bleeding - you just never know. While it may have been a bung knee it could have also been a leaking aorta or similar.

My G'pa had a leaking aorta into his stomach, happened over a course of a month, when it was found he had to have urgent lifesaving surgery etc, twice in the 1 day, almost died, only 25% of patients survive apparently (25% die before being diagnosed, 25% die in surgery, and 25% die in recovery) he ended up having his leg cut off as it went gangrenous (no blood flow etc).

Edited by Tangles

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the same stretch of road where, "there's no problem", etc, etc.

I'm glad they've stopped playing with themselves and done something about it.

Oh and any updates people?

Edited by Oosh

Its just been on the news that they have changed the road where the accident happened. There is no overtaking for the lane heading down the hill

There was no overtaking for going that direction in the first place. It was a solid white line on that side of the road which means you can NOT overtake anyway. So all they would have done it put a dirty great big sign up for the people who don't understand what a solid white line on their side of the lane dividers means. That lane was already made for overtaking up the hill only, not for down it.

Imagine if it was made for overtaking both ways; Two cars are heading opposite directions as they are approaching each other.... they both check the middle lane to see if it is clear as they want to overtake the respective cars in front of them, and at this point it is clear. So they both pull out at the same time to overtake just before the point they were meant to pass each other...... Doesn't take Einstein to figure out what happens next.

To me it doesn't make sense why you would even consider going into that lane, but then that just shows how poorly drivers are educated these days. I was lucky enough to do a lot of country driving on My L's with my Father, which taught me a hell of a lot more than the instructor ever did (ie squat).

Don't mean to sound attacking or anything guys, but it just seems a bit of a joke to me the so called 'solution' they've come up with. Not good enough in my book.

i agree electro there shouldnt of needed to be a solution

it should of been so clear in the first place the it didnt happen

on side note looks like they need to do sum painting on the victor road...

didnt see if it was passing lane that that headon was on but did notice it was a very underpowered car trying to do overtaking manouver

why do ppls think a 4banger will overtake 2 cars or so maybee 1 sumtimes @ 100-110KPH and still have power to get them out of trouble

I'm pretty sure that even though it's a solid white line, it's one of those "if both oncoming lanes are clear you can use it", which I'd never seen before coming to SA.

My first thoughts were, "well that's a good idea", but now it seems some people must get confused and think they can use it when the 1 centre lane is clear, I say they're all bloody dangerous and should be removed. Too much potential for harm as we've seen.

There was no overtaking for going that direction in the first place. It was a solid white line on that side of the road which means you can NOT overtake anyway

Not true, it was a broken line heading down the hill, and solid on the way up. I noticed this when I was there. They've obviously just made it a double solid line now.

Not true, it was a broken line heading down the hill, and solid on the way up. I noticed this when I was there. They've obviously just made it a double solid line now.

That's strange because I clearly remember looking at the road where it happend & seeing it the other way around. If what you say is correct, this is absolutely crazy road design. They should lock up whoever allowed that to happen.

Nah was a broken line on the opposite direction, thats why I guess the Festiva was doing the overtake. Its also the same situation on country roads with overtaking lanes out where I work so I wasnt so suprised.

Just read the first page of this, very sorry to hear about it. Is Drew okay?? RIP to the man who died, seems a bad accident that probably shouldn't have happened at all..... :)

I've just read this too.. Man.. my condolences to the gentleman who passed away. I wish everyone especially drew a speedy recovery.

shit thats terrible news i only just heard about it i actually remember seeing all the skylines that night randomly at the belair bp i dont know why but i did, im very sorry for the family of the guy in the festiva and his girlfriend, and although i dont know drew i hope all goes well and there are no future problems to come out of this terrible accident just goes to show victor roads do need to be dual lane both sides the whole way

Paul

Hello fellow skyline peoples its Drew

I would firstly like to extend a huge thankyou to my family, relatives and everyone on this forum for their kind words and support for both myself and the others injured in the accident. I wish those who were injured in the accident a speedy recovery and those who died to rest in peace.

I cannot remember anything of the accident. I remember passing through strath and the next moment wakeing up in critical care at the flinders medical center. I spent a week in FMC, then a week and a half in the brain injury rehabilitation unit in Hamstead. I sustained: fractured nose, number of cuts, 4 hamorhages in the brain and a few bumps and bruises. Overall I came out exremely well considering the alternatives, which is a testament to the design and build quality of the Nissan Skyline and the skill of the rescue workers and doctors who tended to me.

I will be on leave from my work and studies for at least the next month and will then slowely get back into it when my license is given back. My drivers license has currently been suspended due to having sustained a brain injury.

I have seen photographs of the car and it definetly looks like a writeoff. I will now begin the slow task of trying to find a replacement and getting it up to scratch.

I look forward to seeing you all in the future

Sincerely, Drew Sutton

Drew mate......... Fantasitc to see your back and feeling yourself again and of course starting the hunt for a new Line! Now your up and about maybe we could organise that SAU SA BBQ and all come together and have a feed and a beverage together.

Keep well mate!

Darren

Edited by Deluxe

Well done Drew.

All the best to you mate, I wish you the best health/luck you could ever possibly have for the future.

Dont rush things, just get healthy and well.