SAU Community

I noticed the other day that HICAS system doesn't appear to be working on my R33 GTS-T.

I have had cars with 4WS before, and usually when you turn the steering wheel, you can see the rear wheels turn as well, but mine were not turning at all.

Is the HICAS system speed sensitive, or perhaps it has been removed/disconnected?

Is there any common reason why the 4WS is not working? It doesn't particularly bother me, I don't really like 4WS, but I am just curious.

I noticed the other day that HICAS system doesn't appear to be working on my R33 GTS-T.

I have had cars with 4WS before, and usually when you turn the steering wheel, you can see the rear wheels turn as well, but mine were not turning at all.

Is the HICAS system speed sensitive, or perhaps it has been removed/disconnected?

Is there any common reason why the 4WS is not working? It doesn't particularly bother me, I don't really like 4WS, but I am just curious.

Try going around a bend doing 80 KM/h...

can you actually feel the HICAS engaging? ive never felt mine before.. the only contact i have with it would be the HICAS light coming on. >_<

I have never "felt" it engage, the only time I have ever had the HICAS light come on is when my turbo timer starts when I shut the car off (HICAS light comes on for a second or so when the timer kicks in).

If it is speed sensitive, then that would explain why the rears didn't move while stationary. Not to worry. Thanks guys.

mine has never come either....and have gone round bends sideways plenty...its a good thing for me...but yes a little confusing none the less as its never been disabled...