SAU Community

Virgin Skyline :(

First off excellent place to talk and am happy to have found it!

Just got myself an R33 stock as a rock except for a jasma kakimoto exhaust but already have the bug and want to modify it, but I need help!!!

So far this is what I have…

Pod Filter: Apexi Power Intake

(can I just get the pod or do I have to buy the specific kit for my car? Whats the difference?)

Skylines GTS-t kit $190 or Z32 AFM filter for $130

FMIC: Hybrid GT-spec

Value vs performace is this the way to go? 780 x 300 x 80mm Core width : 600mm

$880 installed

From there I was going to purchase a new front bar to let the intercooler work better and move on to

Boost Controller: Apexi ??

Not too sure need help here guys!

Apexi Power FC: around 1000 tuned?

Is this the best road to take for my skyline, mostly for road maybe go to track every now n then?

Thanks again!

As for the PowerFC.

Your looking at purchasing a powerFC for around $950+ (cheapest I've seen yet for one).

Then a tune which can take anywhere between 2 - 3hrs.

Cost for a tune is depending on where you go.

Myself and many others would probably highly recommend Matt Spry down the gold coast, however, be aware the cost is alot more then others charge but well worth it!

When you get the FMIC installed too its worth looking at getting a metal AFM to turbo pipe made so your engine will always get as much air as needed as the stock rubber pipe has a habit of sucking itself closed in a QLD summer

May I suggest your best bet for first round mods are...

Suspension, brakes.

Suspension get the Sydney kid bilstein kits. Bang for buck its awesome, dont throw your money away on coilovers, they are not worth it.

Brakes just go get them checked. Braided lines, better pads and a good brake fluid is all you need, then just upgrade the rotors when they need doing.

Then some decent tyres so it all works.

Trust me you will get more enjoyment out of those mods than you will out of power mods. Especially with the way cops can be these days.

If you do need to do power mods tho. Best to do smart mods.

PFC good gains can save you petrol too.

Pod, its only going to get gains if it can get cold air to it, so a box around the pod, and a bit of pipe to it will help.

Split dump/front pipe, good gains.

Boost, a bleed valve would be fine, just get a good quality simple only, no dual stage etc. Electronic is better if you can afford it, but up to you bang for buck I dont think its worth it.

FMIC, if you are only running 10psi or something I PERSONALLY wouldnt spend the money, if you are going for 13-14psi I would. That is just me, you might want it for looks.

That should net you some good gains, anything above that will start to cost serious money.

Sorry if i sound dump but i thought a bleed value is a BOV and if so by electronic do you mean the GFB one?

CAI for the pod oookkkkk all good looks like I have to start saving money

Might move the post over to the general discussion...

a bleed valve is a manual boost controller. a BOV is different and you don't need to upgrade your BOV until you start runing serious boost unless you want to make pretty noises.

Even a second hand Electronic Boost Controller would be good if you can spare the cash.

I personally use a GReddy Electronic Boost controller. I have heard that the Apexi AVCR are not that accurate and they only support 1.5 BAR of boost.

For most people 1.5 BAR is more then enough but it is something to keep in mind if you plan on going nuts with the mods.

There is a few second hand EBC on the forums which is a cheaper way to get into it. I believe a GReddy Profec B Spec II is approx $490 to buy new.

Come out to a meet sometime if your able and see what people run and what they have to say about various controllers.

Get a high flow cat & twin dump pipe if you don't have one already.

Upgrade the fuel pump.

Hybrid style intercooler kit.

Air filter/Heat shield/Cold air induction pipe.

Gizzmo EBC @ 12PSI.

ECU & tune it all.

You'll be needing a clutch about now.

lol seach the forums dude search button is your friend.

its all been said 100 milloin times, so just serch what u want

remember, serch button is your friend

Heaps of good advice arround this forum mate be sure to do a search. I have a website in my sig with r33 engine tuning guides which should give you a little more knowledge of the subject too.

cheers