SAU Community

Help fix Danes Box !!!

phunky_monkey

hey guys,

Just starting a new thread for this.

Ray (SXR) from RE customs has kindly offered us the use of his workshop on thursday night. What do you think everyone, is it do-able??

The shop is just off Westall rd, right near the corner od westall and dandy rd in springvale.

;)

I'm stressed just thinking about this... :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha - you shoulda called this thread - Help Fix Danes Box (hehehe)

As I said earlier - I can come down to assisst.

What time you thinking of getting kicked off.

PS. Is there a TV for teh soccer???

Really Dave??

That would be awesome too mate, thanks for the offer. I was a little worried about taking it to RE as I didn't want Ray to have to stay around all night while we attempt to fix my box (that one was for you Bec!). So that may be the better option. I should know everything I need to know by this evening, so I'll keep everyone informed.

Bec: hahaha I wanted to, but was wary of the female audience ;)

Not too sure yet, should know evrything by this evening. I'll find out about the TV :D

Yeah it is. It's still driveable, it just doesn't like low speeds in first and second gear, or going into gears all the time...

Nothing needs to be replaced as far as I'm aware, and the flywheel should be fine. It was all out of the car last week, and everything was fine, apart from some minor hairline fractures in the clutch plates. But I may leave that until the off season to fix

Yeah it is. It's still driveable, it just doesn't like low speeds in first and second gear, or going into gears all the time...

Nothing needs to be replaced as far as I'm aware, and the flywheel should be fine. It was all out of the car last week, and everything was fine, apart from some minor hairline fractures in the clutch plates. But I may leave that until the off season to fix

So just old box out and new box in?

Should be easily done in one night. Even with only 2-3 ppl.

What time we starting?

Make sure you have things like new oil, WD40, rags, oil pan (ice cream containers)

I'll bring jack, jack stands and tools.

yep, just old out and new in. The only issue is with the rear main seal, which may require some silicone around it due to block damage.

Do I put shlt oil in, then good oil once it's run in, or just good stuff straight away?

Ahhhhh cool cool

I'm not too sure about kick off time, it's up to you guys, and possibly Dave??

Ray has also offered me a pretty good price and can do it this week, so maybe that could be the best option as I feel a little bad about putting everyone out like this...

Just have to see whether I can russel up the money to do it.

You tell me what time buddy... I can go straight from work so late afternoon / early evening??

Ill pm you my number so if im not on the forum I can still organise it all, it should be fine, i just have tell people to leave the hoist free for us..

Whos picking me up, and at what time?

:)

Otherwise I can bring you out of the city when I finish work at like 4.30 - 5.00 ish, seeing as I drive right past your place.

And then someone else can take you home when the box is working again.

I've just spoken to Sam and he's informed me that the clutch may need the rebuild ASAP, and would really advise against putting the box in the car without doing it as it's not disengaging properley.

So it looks like I'll have to do that before I do the box...

Thanks so much for the offers guys, I really appreciate it, but I'm going to have to hold off I guess until I can do the clutch rebuild...

:)