SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

no i dont think there are copies of driftteks.

bee*r rims are different and look hotter but for the price i would buy the 18" teks when they arrive...soon very soon.

is it TT yet?

Nor will ever be.

The crank casings are all much the same, so:

Option 1) 3.3 turbo pistons, rings, bearings.

Or

Option 2) 3.6 crank, rods, bearings, pistons, cylinder casings.

Or

Option 3) 3.8RS crank, rods, bearings, pistons, cylinder casings.

The last two are going towards being a n/a build, although option 2) can be changed to a turbo spec build for much the same price.

1 and 2 we can keep the bigger cams already in it, so its a bit more cost effective. The 3.3 turbo options is more realistic in terms of power wanted VS cost, so it'll prob go that way.

It's getting a chip done soon for the new exhaust an cams, so dad/me will just run it until it brakes something then think more about it.

Edited by Nismo_Boy

the RUF dealership in Texas offered us the bits to build a RUF 3.4lt turbo motor, which is another option, but the extra cost VS power doesn't appear to be worth it compaired to 3.3lt turbo power.

Depends what happens with the car later on sorta thing.. If it's just a fun car or something a bit more weekendish

no TT, no win

joshwa = fail

TT is boring, runs very hot and doesn't offer much more response compaired to a decent BB single turbo. There is a reason why alot of the turbo's stay single, it's all tried and tested and works with good results. Plus all the highend German and American manifolds are for single turbo.

TT is boring, runs very hot and doesn't offer much more response compaired to a decent BB single turbo. There is a reason why alot of the turbo's stay single, it's all tried and tested and works with good results. Plus all the highend German and American manifolds are for single turbo.

i just assumed tt was the done thing in porche's

turbo of any sort then lol

i just assumed tt was the done thing in porche's

turbo of any sort then lol

Yeah from 993 on wards (not counting 959 :)), there is no reason why you can't use manifolds suited to a 993 TT, or even just put a 993 motor in this car, however it sorta change’s everything, plus motor conversions make some things tricky with certain race class’s.

It’s all up in the air, we don’t even know what or even how far we want to go with this car yet. Dad wants a newer one as they are nicer to daily drive or another Range Rover, so if he does that It'll stay basic due to lack of money. Plus as I still want to be able to drive it on the street keeping the damn thing cool plays apart with how far it could go anyway

Edited by Nismo_Boy