SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

yeh man looks schmick

im pretty sure andy's got a similar setup.

it'll be capped around 300kw though with the std manifold

yeh also think this would run out of puff on a 3L bottom end if i ended up going down that route

yeh also think this would run out of puff on a 3L bottom end if i ended up going down that route

depends what your goals are really

the perfect combo would be a 3l and a 35R with the .82 rear. would make peak power aroun 7500rpm, but u could make it rev to ~8000rpm with some decent rods and quality balancing

I cant decide what my aims are haha

basically a daily driven street car tones of response maby 300-350ish kw

of the top of my head and my hand in my pants easy low 11s @ the bank and blow some bevan hsv arse on the street

also should be able to make a decent latte

They do, if you keep that in mind and dont try and force it in it's no different. Just what your used to, drive it like a GTR box and it'll be biting back, spend some time getting used to teh goofy build and it's perfect

drive like a GTR box. man i remember slaming them shifts. chirp 3rd in awd mode lol

haha i remember that too!

im hating u for it now though. i coulda had a 700bhp 33 gtst by now :action-smiley-069:

nah im good at sourcing parts, he's helping me write a little letter

morning >_<

yeh it did, what else is new though lol

ohh interesting.. discuss

writing letters

i did that once.. police are waiting for one from me.

I did that once.

x2 tonight i am aswell

car prepped for wednesday nite?

yay.. coming out are we. my 180sx will be ther same with the RB20 sil S14 an integra and FC 13b

i have heard some differing opinions on the 3L capacity to rev can you shed some light?

I cant see why you couldn't rev a built 25/30 to atleast 7 but i have been told otherwise

why not.

I cant decide what my aims are haha

basically a daily driven street car tones of response maby 300-350ish kw

of the top of my head and my hand in my pants easy low 11s @ the bank and blow some bevan hsv arse on the street

also should be able to make a decent latte

low 11's u'll need closer to 400kw and mickey t's

i have heard some differing opinions on the 3L capacity to rev can you shed some light?

I cant see why you couldn't rev a built 25/30 to atleast 7 but i have been told otherwise

well rips over in nz have just built a 26/30 for their 240z drag car, are using std crank, std girdle, std block, argo rods, cp pistons and are revving it to 8500rpm. all their other built engines (similar spec) have been revving anywhere upto 8000rpm for years, not 1 failure.

mine'll be limited to around 8000rpm with the nitrous, but it could do 8500 easily with the grout filled block and billet girdle.

3L have bad harmonics in standard form apparently.

the stock rods which most people use don't handle too well with anything above 6500rpm.

nothing some nice forgies, knifebladed crank and basically a well balanced bottom end can't solve.

however the idea is that with a 3L donk, you'll be making the required power prior to 6500-7000rpm anyway so it's not a real issue.

*correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i've encountered in my twin cam RB30 studies for the NA build

3L have bad harmonics in standard form apparently.

the stock rods which most people use don't handle too well with anything above 6500rpm.

nothing some nice forgies, knifebladed crank and basically a well balanced bottom end can't solve.

however the idea is that with a 3L donk, you'll be making the required power prior to 6500-7000rpm anyway so it's not a real issue.

*correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i've encountered in my twin cam RB30 studies for the NA build

thats it exactly, bad harmonics with the std harmonic balancer, rods and rod bolts

an extra $1150 for a ross balancer & some rods fixes them issues quite quickly :action-smiley-069:

p.s. that's going to be one tasty datto.

theres vids of it on youtube

search for r.i.p.s 240z

2rismo reckons 33gtst @ 300rwkw = low 11s on street radials

2rismo is also a dirty nitrous and auto cheater :action-smiley-069:

and going to be even faster too! have you seen all his goodies that he's been stashing up

p.s. - what a sweet 240, would swap for a 240 or a 2 seater 260 anyday, plonk in an RB26/30DE - hellooooooooo

drive like a GTR box. man i remember slaming them shifts. chirp 3rd in awd mode lol

It’s all about doing it with some furness, not with the gusto all u drift kids use. It’s a fast box, if you keep in mine it’s single syncro, that’s slow compared to a double syncro modern box.

As I said, what you’re used to. Learn how to use it and its quick, treat it like modern box and it’s a box for barking back at your goofy changes

2rismo reckons 33gtst @ 300rwkw = low 11s on street radials

I ran a 11.8@121 on street tyres at street pressure on my 280rwkw tune @ 16psi

2rismo is also a dirty nitrous and auto cheater :action-smiley-069:

yes he is... >_<

Also I should point out the Autobarn sponcered R33 that ran in the modified street category back in 2004 had stock internals and a TD06 and that ran 10.7-10.9 all day every day...

It came in just on 300rwkw and the car was striped to the bare esentials, so she was a tad lighter than stock... ;)

But I guess it goes to show you can run the numbers in an R33 with around 300rwkw...

I found in my tests the more power i dialed in the slower i went, due to tyre spin... Thats why i bought MT's but never got around to using them as they didnt fit :P

I keep on thinking that f**king ant is something on my screen

Funniest thing is one night i actually had an ant on my screen... :action-smiley-069:

And thought it was Eug's little ant getting roudn the fourm, but when the real ant turned right too many times i realised it was real... >_<

Funniest thing is one night i actually had an ant on my screen... :action-smiley-069:

And thought it was Eug's little ant getting roudn the fourm, but when the real ant turned right too many times i realised it was real... >_<

Ur a bit of an alco, was it really real...