SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/2-...tr-t197087.html

im seriously considering buying it..... anyone have any comments ? I'm fairly sure that diff is illegal.. anything else ?

Had a look through the shopping list on that car too. Impressive as all hell apart from the totally gay interior.

Only negative I can see is the turbo choice.

That car would lag like a schoolboy who hasnt done his homework. Wouldnt be hard to turn it in to a response monstor tho.

interesting... the 272's will help bring on boost lower yes ? just how laggy are we talking about with that turbo.. did some reading and someone that had it on a rb25 was hitting boost low 4k's, full boost by 4800 or something... i figure with the slightly larger engine and cam adjustments you could get it even lower ;)

i guess worse case would be sell it and put a t04z on there like you said. What about that diff thats on there.. its going to be fair terrible to go around a corner yes ? whats a good LSD worth ?

interesting... the 272's will help bring on boost lower yes ? just how laggy are we talking about with that turbo.. did some reading and someone that had it on a rb25 was hitting boost low 4k's, full boost by 4800 or something... i figure with the slightly larger engine and cam adjustments you could get it even lower :)

i guess worse case would be sell it and put a t04z on there like you said. What about that diff thats on there.. its going to be fair terrible to go around a corner yes ? whats a good LSD worth ?

full boost (read 25+psi) in the 5's id say. shed start spooling low - mid 4's

the thing would be limited by the plenum (if its got the std still) and pump fuel

its got a 2way lsd from what i read

If it is on boost by late 4 i will be totally surprised. I am running a 25 with similar build specs to that car running a 35/40 and I dont see full boost till 4100.

that plenum compared to a plazaman or hypertune is slightly more laggy too, only couple hundred rpm id guess though

Hmmm =\ can you hop on msn noel... i want to pick that brain of yours :thumbsup:

have fun with that one :)

col you skirt shoulda got the 109! the M50 is a preety sweet choice though my dad has had his almost a year and loves it

The 109 can fry the rear tyre at 100kph if you chop the gas...

I dont need that much torque for my leasure riding i enjoy so much...

Hence i sold the GSXR and am buying the M50, cause the GSXR is just to fast and you get picked on by other bikers, everyone wants to go you whne you riding a GSXR1000...

It was too fast anyway, you chop the throttle in 2nd at 40kph and your at 150 in about 2 seconds, its a bike that could get one into a sh!t load of trouble fast...

Also my one was old, and i wanted something new. So i thought id get something more comfortable and more "cruiser" style and the suzuki's have direct drive like the BMW's so it offers a very quiet, smooth ride with no rattle or gerk when you throttle on, plus th M50 looks uber sweet... :cheers:

Its a 650 Vstar (yamahaha) cruiser style, I like the BMWs but they are too expensive, 3 weeks wait eh they must be popular.

Yeah i tested a V-Star when doing my advanced rider course, as i wanted to do the advanced course on the type of bike I wanted rather than on a sports bike. So i can get used to the weight and the long rake of the front forks, makes riding very different and a little more relaxing, un like a GSXR or R1 which is crouched over and very tight...

We will have to go for a ride out to somewhere like Warrick one day... :ninja:

A nice ride up the range could be good, or even Mt Mee...

The 109 can fry the rear tyre at 100kph if you chop the gas...

I dont need that much torque for my leasure riding i enjoy so much...

Hence i sold the GSXR and am buying the M50, cause the GSXR is just to fast and you get picked on by other bikers, everyone wants to go you whne you riding a GSXR1000...

It was too fast anyway, you chop the throttle in 2nd at 40kph and your at 150 in about 2 seconds, its a bike that could get one into a sh!t load of trouble fast...

Also my one was old, and i wanted something new. So i thought id get something more comfortable and more "cruiser" style and the suzuki's have direct drive like the BMW's so it offers a very quiet, smooth ride with no rattle or gerk when you throttle on, plus th M50 looks uber sweet... :cheers:

Yeah i tested a V-Star when doing my advanced rider course, as i wanted to do the advanced course on the type of bike I wanted rather than on a sports bike. So i can get used to the weight and the long rake of the front forks, makes riding very different and a little more relaxing, un like a GSXR or R1 which is crouched over and very tight...

We will have to go for a ride out to somewhere like Warrick one day... :ninja:

A nice ride up the range could be good, or even Mt Mee...

A nice ride up the range and you can mount him very GAY watch out Terry.

Lol Col your married aen't you :worried: I figured out quite a few years ago its much safer to go fast in a car than on a bike, plus a bike is all about being out there amongst it and when you go fast you tend to miss alot of the experience, ive had some very fast bikes and it is a thrill but its nearly just as good in my car.

If your up for ride Col we can do something one Sunday but there will be no mounting up the mountain (jokes)

If it is on boost by late 4 i will be totally surprised. I am running a 25 with similar build specs to that car running a 35/40 and I dont see full boost till 4100.

There's nothing wrong with full boost (25-30psi) by 4800rpm. You just have to learn to drive the car. The best part about Garrett turbos are that when you've got boost....you've got boost. First gear is the only gear that lag is ever a problem and sometimes it's good to have it so you can at least get her moving up to 40 before all 800 horses start taking you away. My RB20 used to make 20psi at 5200rpm and not once did I ever have a problem with lag. It only takes 1 sec to change from 5th to 3rd or 4th to 2nd and you're screaming away trying to hold on to the back seat. Sure I used to rev it to 8800 but I would be revving it that high regardless. The powerband of the turbo is only going to be 3.5 - 4k rpm at best.

A nice ride up the range and you can mount him very GAY watch out Terry.

Funny thats the first thing you think of :down:

Have you had a brokeback mountain experience???

Lol Col your married aen't you :worried: I figured out quite a few years ago its much safer to go fast in a car than on a bike, plus a bike is all about being out there amongst it and when you go fast you tend to miss alot of the experience, ive had some very fast bikes and it is a thrill but its nearly just as good in my car.

If your up for ride Col we can do something one Sunday but there will be no mounting up the mountain (jokes)

Yeah, im all about the joy of cruising hence why i sold the GSXR and am buying a cruiser.

Im not into it for speed at all, would not go flying through the mountains just wanta go for a nice ride and pull up at a nice spot somewhere and have lunch and then ride home again.

So yeah im giving up the GSXR as you said you miss things at those speeds an thats not why i bought a bike in the first place, but its hard to go slow on a gsxr and its too cramped and its no a enjoyable riding posture compaired to a cruiser.

But your right, cars are far safer, hecne you have to ride not only safelly yourself but keep an eye on everyone else on the road...

Bikes look like lots of fun, :D

but my balls won’t be big enough to ride one until I reach puberty or the age of about 40, which ever comes first lol. :)

Bikes are a stack of fun, i had a 5-6 years dry spell with no bike and I got one back last year and that gave me reason to sell the skyline as the bike became my toy.

Its hard to explain the freedom you feel when riding along at 60kph just enjoying the journey...

All I can say is if you have had your car licience now for more than 3 years, id go book into Q ride ASAP as the laws are changing again on the 1st of July this year.