SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/de...html&hl=GTR

i dont think its the one your thinking of but what one is ? I heard someone else mention a white 33 gtr with an N1 motor but wouldnt say what was wrong with it.

ive gone a bit off this one as im after more of a track car and that one looks like its been setup for drag.. and i doubt that motor will survive many track days.. too much power through stock N1. Not to mention its ugly as sin :teehee:

The white one is the one to stay clear of! That one is pretty good, maybe sell the big turbo and go back to little twins

yea im not too sure about it... a lot of power with stock rods and pistons.. I spose i could pick it up cheap, spend a few grand on forged pistons and rods and do the bearings at the same time... then add aftermarket oil cooler and it'd be getting close to track ready.. we'll see. someone buy my gts-t ! clicky

yea im not too sure about it... a lot of power with stock rods and pistons.. I spose i could pick it up cheap, spend a few grand on forged pistons and rods and do the bearings at the same time... then add aftermarket oil cooler and it'd be getting close to track ready.. we'll see. someone buy my gts-t ! clicky

thats a 6k minimum exercise...

just got taken for a test drive in my potential new car.

i thought it was going to be fast, but jesus christ i nearly pissed myself...... i now know what 400awkw feels like. When the external gate opened you couldnt hear anything but the engine. feels like a good tune under it as well. turbo is a t04z at a (mild) 1.4 bar... could probably achieve 500+awkw with some race fuel and 25-30 psi... but 1.4 bar is brilliant for a track car. its fkn insane. 6 piston brakes pull it up in the length of its shadow.. fully adjustable Tein coilovers... just wow. seriously, someone buy my 33 so i can get this.

6 piston brakes are the bomb on GTR's, so are dual 4 pot calipers with 265mm discs on a 165kg bike :(

Finally someone who uses the correct terminology.

Hate it when people refer to them as 4 or 6 spot calipers.

....And yeah, they are the bomb

Jordan, I'll come along. I'm thinking of selling up when Labour F*CKS the economy, using my money overseas and then coming back once someone with a clue is back in charge.

So what part of Thailand are you off to? I love Koh Samui and Koh Tao.

On the brakes, it's not as simple as just slapping on a set of 6 or 8 piston callipers and everything will be awesome. Anything short of perfectly matching the front and rear clamping pressures with the right sized discs and master cylinder is a recipe for unbalancing the car and disaster.

I've driven so many Skylines with a big brake setup that is just wrong that it isn't funny. The stock brakes are more than capable if you do the right things in the areas of handling, cooling and consumables.

Big brakes are just a wank.

I aggree that setup and matching is important and that stock brake can go a hell of a long way...

I disagree that their a wank, i mean you dont see V8 supercars with stock commodore or falcon brakes, not even the premium setups, they go full race spec for obvious reasons...

The same goes for the guys who run full track spec skylines...

Willo's car is a prime example of a nice well setup braking system for street/track/fun/drag bit of an all rounder...

Giants car is a great example of a full track spec braking system, i dare you to tell him its all wank... :D

I think I'd probably get the same times from their cars with stock brakes. Car setup is not just a lot of power and massive brakes. But then, what would I know? Maybe I wasted all those years racing, engineering for race teams and swinging spanners in pits. Since Russ is running parts I manufactured in his 32 I probably could have a realistic discussion with him Col. And I've recently been discussing setup with Nathan.

So why do you think they run the brakes they do in V8SC Col? Seriously. I'll tell you if you have it right. Think predictability..........

Someone with a massive brake setup took my GTR for a drive yesterday. Strangely he thought it was pretty damn good, and yet, since it is just my road car and not my dedicated track car I know there are deficiencies in the brakes, and the tyres.

Gervasse, I just took a look at that silver GTR. It would be pretty reliable with a bit less peak power. Steer clear of anything with Teins unless you intend to dump them. They really are a poor product. If you really want a decent track beast then there are much nicer suspension setups,especially if you're considering spending a lot of bucks on a high power car. Feel free to catch up for a chat anytime mate.

As i said i aggree setup and balance of product choice is important, but stock wont do everything without some help...

Big brakes are just a wank.

I dont doubt your track experience or knowledge but there is no need to be condesending. I still disaggree with this statement and I dont think you will have too many supporters...

They probablly a big wank half the time, but they are an upgrade reguardless when used correctlly hence why all race cars used upgraded specs over factory units...

You cant argue that, reguardless weather their faster or slower their all more reliable than OEM...

Ahhhhh so you expect it to do everything. I'll be seeing you at the 6 hour then??? Next years Bathurst 12 and 24 hour?

It's amazing what you can do with the right cooling, backing plates, pads, disc metallurgy, fluid........ the standard callipers though are pretty damn good. Why, even Sydneykid stays stock on their IP GTR32 car which actually races for 20-30 laps at a time. That tends to lap faster than the "... full track spec skylines..." that I've come across.

Ahhhhh so you expect it to do everything. I'll be seeing you at the 6 hour then??? Next years Bathurst 12 and 24 hour?

??? I dont get it ???

That all said, i ran stock calipers and just upgraded he rotors, DOT 5 fluids and pads...

But this was suitable to my needs at the time, if i were to run a 12 hour race i ceertainlly would not use this setup as it would not be "fit for purpose"...

Horses for courses is the old saying...