SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

the mod plate covers the 2 seater mod, roll cage, turbo, induction, suspension and pretty much everything else. Its registered as a 2 seater as well. The only dramas with it atm are the screamer pipe, ride height, exhaust volume and BOV... although its a quiet bov so you dont really notice it unless your really giving it a bootfull. I have a silencer that plugs into the back of the exhaust that apparently brings it down to a slightly less noticeable ~90db but i need to get a clamp of some sort to hold it in there. will sort that out over the next week. screamer pipe being plummed back in a fortnight or so, and getting it raised 15-20mm at the same time.

the mod plate covers the 2 seater mod, roll cage, turbo, induction, suspension and pretty much everything else. Its registered as a 2 seater as well. The only dramas with it atm are the screamer pipe, ride height, exhaust volume and BOV... although its a quiet bov so you dont really notice it unless your really giving it a bootfull. I have a silencer that plugs into the back of the exhaust that apparently brings it down to a slightly less noticeable ~90db but i need to get a clamp of some sort to hold it in there. will sort that out over the next week. screamer pipe being plummed back in a fortnight or so, and getting it raised 15-20mm at the same time.

Pretty keen on making it legal, aren't you.

Rasing the height IMHO will wreck the tough as stance it has. Looks shmicko in the pics, I'd leave it at the current height...

sick car, i like it alot, just not sure how they could roady it without steering wheel, but who really cares, aslong as u can drive it without being hassled then woohoo!

I got a RWC on my quick R32 which looked far worse then his car.

No trim, cage, no cat, open screamer, jap belts dodgy tires no mod plates.

Pretty keen on making it legal, aren't you.

Rasing the height IMHO will wreck the tough as stance it has. Looks shmicko in the pics, I'd leave it at the current height...

But it will make it handle properly. Going too low severely compromises the suspension geometry on Skylines.

Looks <<<<<<Performance

But it will make it handle properly. Going too low severely compromises the suspension geometry on Skylines.

Looks <<<<<<Performance

Completely agree, plus I know this dilemma all too well. However, I personally way up how much time a car is spent on the street and how much time it’s spent on the track and in most case’s it’s on the street more often… Thus looks win. Explains why the Porsche is 40mm and not 100mm+ :domokun:

Looks <<<<<<Performance

Truer words were never spoken.

Most people work on 'lower centre of gravity = better handling' ....this is true in some cases but only to an extent. Once you go past a certain point, the geometry changes in a negative way.

front lip is currently 90mm off the ground.. which is probably fine for handling.. i doubt raising it to 105 (15mm / 1.5cm) will change either looks or performance much.. but it will keep the popo happy. im going to plum back the screamer pipe which will have no effect on performance whatsoever.. as far as quietening the exhaust.. I have a removable silencer with an inner width of 2".. apparently fitting that takes the noise down to around 90db.. loses a lot of power, but fine for putting around on the streets, and takes 20 seconds to install/remove.

front lip is currently 90mm off the ground.. which is probably fine for handling.. i doubt raising it to 105 (15mm / 1.5cm) will change either looks or performance much.. but it will keep the popo happy.

The tire to wheel arch gap will be an extra 1.5cm, and you'll be land cruiser spec :banana:

But with a past Lexus at 10mm and a 911 at 40mm, clearly I shouldn't be commenting on this matter as I'm a touch insane/stupid.

Get a datsun.

210 fly wheel hp i swear to god will bore me, an thats on a "built" L20 motor :laughing-smiley-014:

How angry is that. I ask my self why....

thats pretty ordinary

buy my R33 in 2 months

thats pretty ordinary

buy my R33 in 2 months

I really want a club car.. But your price is right for a daily driver which I would need if i bought a club car anyway. Just a matter of what comes first. The chicken or the egg.

I'll take teh 2 months to think it over :banana:

Josh, this is a GTR mate.... not a lame old Porka :D

Actually the 911 (997) Carrera S Cabriolet is the nicest of the P1 cars I have driven. The closest in all around competence to the GTR but a tad underpowered and not enough rear seat room.

Looking forward to seeing this beast Gervase. I'm only running 320rwkw @14psi atm but soon to get off my ass, install the fuel system and Autospeed EBC and shoot for over 400rwkw. I find it just doesn't respond enough.

Josh, this is a GTR mate.... not a lame old Porka :cool:

Actually the 911 (997) Carrera S Cabriolet is the nicest of the P1 cars I have driven. The closest in all around competence to the GTR but a tad underpowered and not enough rear seat room.

Looking forward to seeing this beast Gervase. I'm only running 320rwkw @14psi atm but soon to get off my ass, install the fuel system and Autospeed EBC and shoot for over 400rwkw. I find it just doesn't respond enough.

It’s not that old.. It’s a 1990, although the technology in it is still 30 years old lol. Water-cooled one's are the devil… Can you tell what part of the Porsche car club band camp I come from :D

They are more of a driver’s car IMHO, takes a whole lot more to control one, I find GTR’s boring, predictable, unexciting and an easier car to drive, plus I hate 4wd/awd… But I am narrow minded and don’t like all this technology, atleast I can admit it haha. Admittedly I’ve never driven a GTR like old mates one he just bought, but driving a 600rwhp S13 for a few years makes me a bit rwd bias I guess

There is no doubting that the GTR is the better, more advanced car (compared to early Porsches) and will win every time against "most" of the earlier 911’s. Although, we had a genuine RUF a little while ago, that would, could and still would (if it were still around) dust most mild GTR’s.

But that’s kinda comparing different leagues and not really relevant.

Yall own Nissan Pulsars ;) All this from me hating tire to wheel arch gap :spank: