SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

Heaps of ppl sooking on fb about getting defected, gota be expected

Yep, so out of the 2 downshift meets I've attended there's been cop trouble both times.... Is this a regular thing for these meets?

Also felt pretty out of place, I may need to invest in a flat brim... Nah fuark that lol, will be interesting to roll in there with the Skevy with its epic hella nothing setup

Fat tires and ground clearence ftw lol

Yep, so out of the 2 downshift meets I've attended there's been cop trouble both times.... Is this a regular thing for these meets?

Also felt pretty out of place, I may need to invest in a flat brim... Nah fuark that lol, will be interesting to roll in there with the Skevy with its epic hella nothing setup

Fat tires and ground clearence ftw lol

I've never been to one of those meets just hear all bout the stories, I'd rather stay away

Cation on the motorways today guys. Drove back from Noosa this morning watching many cars sliding off the road into poles (and one hilux hitting an overpass). Im happy I had awd in many cases as my torque split dial was dancing away even when sitting on 80km/h in a straight line.

Yeah ive been back down the coast for a bit over a year now, was in mackay working up there for a bit but got over the rain season, was still the same turbo you got off me?

Yep same turbo, I had a look after it came off the car. It was a really easy repair, bearing pack was still rock solid and no play, just some impeller nicks on the outer tips. Just sounded worse than it was as the nut was really tiny and getting recirculated like being in a food processor. If it had blown through to the I/C I would probably still have the car as basically I wouldn't have heard it.

Heaps of ppl sooking on fb about getting defected, gota be expected

not really.

I can understand if evetone were being idiots trying to rip skids, but for those that just want to show their pride and joy, I think some slack could be cut.

hoe many defect stations do you see at muscle car meets(think old school chev/ford/valiant), I guarantee a lot of those cars could be defected, the cops just leave them alone....

not really.

I can understand if evetone were being idiots trying to rip skids, but for those that just want to show their pride and joy, I think some slack could be cut.

hoe many defect stations do you see at muscle car meets(think old school chev/ford/valiant), I guarantee a lot of those cars could be defected, the cops just leave them alone....

At downshift they weren't super bad, like we rolled straight past them in the celica which is audibly to loud and visually to low with blast pipes etc and they just had a look and that was all that came of it lol.

Then again we were a bit late so we might of missed the main blitz I duno

Look, these dip sticks that do skids, burnouts, and all sorts of other stupidity on public roads are the ones to blame for the increase in police presence and more stringent penalties / harshness.

If people can just be sensible that would be super, but unfortunately we all tend to silly things sometimes (including me, been there done that but I learned very quickly and already new I was in the wrong at the time)

To give an example:

The other weekend, it was raining pretty much like it is today (on the Coast) and was driving sensibly in our little Suzuki Swift with my wife (who is pregnant) and slowly started to brake before a round-about and some d!ckhead on the opposite side with his elevated Toyota Hilux was trying to drift around the round-about without realising that there was some soaked junk mail at the end of the round-about and lost control of his vehicle and skidding straight for us!

My initial thoughts were 'well were boned'. Considering the small car we have and the car he has and the speed and momentum he was carrying. I could see he was trying to counter lock the skid. I managed to just sneak passed him before he flew over the other-side of the road.

It is idiots like above that should be punished for that kind of behavior not people that just want to meet as a club and talk about their cars and what they have done to them!

Edited by Ants

Well, SAU isn't a club built on members who are tools on the road. What we find is that the knobs who come to events are quickly ostricized. This is why we're conducting a blood drive to smash the AUstralia record for most donations by an automotive group.

We want the public to see that we are responsible members like everyone else - not flat cappers with no driving ability! Who's in for the blood drive?