SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

QUOTE:"dano4127 Posted Today, 09:16 AM

didnt have dark rims and blue gt racing stripes did it?"

nah it was a dark green color, no vinyls or nething...down beaudesert rd, heading south

wooot ok so

would there be any problems with hooking up a rb25de head/3L with my rb25det powerfc?

that built motor from RIPS is a rb25de head so no vct the owner recons i would need an r32 ap engineering computer or remap the 32 computer he will supply with the motor at no extra cost what are your thoughts also is it true it will use top feed injectors? and I think i heard that the cams slightly differ from the det - true?

dont tell shrek im still thinking about the 25/30 he might hurt me lol

wooot ok so

would there be any problems with hooking up a rb25de head/3L with my rb25det powerfc?

that built motor from RIPS is a rb25de head so no vct the owner recons i would need an r32 ap engineering computer or remap the 32 computer he will supply with the motor at no extra cost what are your thoughts also is it true it will use top feed injectors? and I think i heard that the cams slightly differ from the det - true?

dont tell shrek im still thinking about the 25/30 he might hurt me lol

what head is on the rb30? r32 or r33? r33 heads have slightly bigger cams (see pic below)

the r32 rb25de head has smaller ports than an r33 rb25de or any rb26

the r32 rb25de runs top feed high impedence injectors. r33 rb25de head runs side feed high impedence injectors

N/A valve springs dont like big boost. cams & springs are interchangalbe for rb20det items

too late, he's prolly already read this lol

edit - Might help if i add the pic huh :P

stockcamspecspy3.th.jpg

nothing a bit of porting cant fix. plus both r32 and r33 heads have the poo valve springs (being na) but i believe guys have onyl had issues up around 20psi.

i reckon r32 is the better head if ur not gonna use the rb26 head caus of the no vct. plus the 32 ehad is top feed injector already (better selection)

hmm yeh well i guess depends which way you look at it aye

rb26 head would be nice! but $$$ sill considering that built motor from RIPS just trying to get my previous employer to cough up some of the cash he owes me and all will be apples!

one thing u need to look at if u put it in ur 33 is the std plenum clearance to bonnet.

options are either:

a) modify engine mounts and drop motor

or

b) get forward facing plenum

i'd go b, as itd help u make more hp :P

I can. Tourquing up a set of stock GTR rod bolts when one let go 20ftlb short. New set delivered and some were a fair bit longer on the old ones so glad one snapped. So much for all the folks think they are fine to reuse.

Dano, I run a 26 head in mine on a 25 PFC. There is plenty can be done to overcome the small issues.

And that motor has standard internals?

Can anyone say stretched rod bolts.

ive gotta say i disagree with you mr monster. rob has a damn good rep with his motors and if they are run as he has specified they dont break.

however i do remember him saying the std bottom ends he says to cut the revs at 7200rpm

taken from his site

RB30 Stock internal bottom ends start at NZD$3500 (suit up to 600hp and 7200 rpm)