SAU Community

Whoretown - Now Interest Free

Squizz

Thanks Terry, you dont know the name of the place and are they fairly generous with highly modded skylines .

I dont know thier name but I will take a look, they are fairly generous.

You buy a supra and I'll shit in the aircon vent. :)

Mate i dont expect you to shit in ur aircond vent. Is that an Ipswich thing. :) .

Dunno what i will do mate just keep my options open. I might by Shanes GTR when he finishes it. Thats what most people do sell there car just as they spend ten years building it.

Mate i dont expect you to shit in ur aircond vent. Is that an Ipswich thing. :P .

Dunno what i will do mate just keep my options open. I might by Shanes GTR when he finishes it. Thats what most people do sell there car just as they spend ten years building it.

awww look at u, ur trying to insult me :laugh:

Hmm, heres a question for the wise. How much power can a N1 engine reliably support. I know stock RB26 is good for 300+ rwkw..

From wiki:

The water cooling channels in the block are enhanced for better flowing. The block, and internal components are also strengthened. The pistons have 1.2 mm (0.0 in) top rings, but otherwise as standard. The connecting rods are the same as standard, and the crankshaft is standard but balanced. The specifications of the camshafts were also improved for power. The N1 engine uses the same parallel twin turbocharger layout but with improved turbochargers. The N1 engine also received an upgraded oil pump and water pump, to improve the cooling and lubrication of the engine.

Hmm, heres a question for the wise. How much power can a N1 engine reliably support. I know stock RB26 is good for 300+ rwkw..

From wiki:

The water cooling channels in the block are enhanced for better flowing. The block, and internal components are also strengthened. The pistons have 1.2 mm (0.0 in) top rings, but otherwise as standard. The connecting rods are the same as standard, and the crankshaft is standard but balanced. The specifications of the camshafts were also improved for power. The N1 engine uses the same parallel twin turbocharger layout but with improved turbochargers. The N1 engine also received an upgraded oil pump and water pump, to improve the cooling and lubrication of the engine.

from a guess id say ~350rwkw, but with every std engine they will blow when u lean on them and when u expect longevity from them.

only 350rwkw ?? I thought many standard rb26's could pull that amount although obviously it would definately be pushing the upper limits... i was hoping that the N1 could push out 400rwkw reliably.. im looking at buying a 33GTR with an N1 engine tuned for 396rwkw.. :D any more thoughts on this ?

Its all in the tune, and how well you treat it, I dont see why it wouldnt hold that power comfortably as long as everything else is up to speed to support the power level

Mightnt be a bad idea to wind down the boost a little and make sure the tune is really good before ou thrash it around too much

only 350rwkw ?? I thought many standard rb26's could pull that amount although obviously it would definately be pushing the upper limits... i was hoping that the N1 could push out 400rwkw reliably.. im looking at buying a 33GTR with an N1 engine tuned for 396rwkw.. :D any more thoughts on this ?

only 350rwkw ?? I thought many standard rb26's could pull that amount although obviously it would definately be pushing the upper limits... i was hoping that the N1 could push out 400rwkw reliably.. im looking at buying a 33GTR with an N1 engine tuned for 396rwkw.. :P any more thoughts on this ?

Please post or PM pics and further details cause if it is the one I am thinking of dont do it

Please post or PM pics and further details cause if it is the one I am thinking of dont do it

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/de...html&hl=GTR

i dont think its the one your thinking of but what one is ? I heard someone else mention a white 33 gtr with an N1 motor but wouldnt say what was wrong with it.

ive gone a bit off this one as im after more of a track car and that one looks like its been setup for drag.. and i doubt that motor will survive many track days.. too much power through stock N1. Not to mention its ugly as sin :teehee: