SAU Community

R32 Pix Only

gts-t 4 life

Will have to chat to you about your 6262.

I'm leaning towards a GTX35R or the HTA derivative. (only a max of 5% difference between all 3. - response v midrange v top end)

We could start a push for a 2015 Ayres Rock - "Rock the 32" or even Alice.

However most of our 32's are in the east so maybe an "East Coast" town. Middish point between Briz and Melbournia (BUT not firkin Sydney - Grrr!)

or last suggestion would be inland - Cameron Corner (NT, SA, QLD & NSW intersect on this border).

EDIT: The ROCK would be my pick.

Edited by Sinista32
  • Like 1

Will have to chat to you about your 6262.

I'm leaning towards a GTX35R or the HTA derivative. (only a max of 5% difference between all 3. - response v midrange v top end)

We could start a push for a 2015 Ayres Rock - "Rock the 32" or even Alice.

However most of our 32's are in the east so maybe an "East Coast" town. Middish point between Briz and Melbournia (BUT not firkin Sydney - Grrr!)

or last suggestion would be inland - Cameron Corner (NT, SA, QLD & NSW intersect on this border).

EDIT: The ROCK would be my pick.

How about Canberra?

It would allow those certain people with P plates...

To y'know..

Legally drive their GTR.

:whistling:

Hey - It ain't illegal to drive it while there.

Thus I'm not being naughty.

:P

unfortunately yes. I remember that.

There were also a few other crashes in the same week all involving young drivers, remember a WRX one too.

Media took the ball and ran with it...And ran with it they did

• Like 1

There was a fairly nasty crash in Canberra (which I believe was a 34 GTR) kid took Dad's car out of the garage and car nor kid never made it home.

RE being able to drive a GTR in Canberra, if you're stuck on restrictions wouldn't it be a limitation to the conditions on your license and have no bearing on which state you are in?

an r34 gtr was the reason for the p plate laws

There was a fairly nasty crash in Canberra (which I believe was a 34 GTR) kid took Dad's car out of the garage and car nor kid never made it home.

RE being able to drive a GTR in Canberra, if you're stuck on restrictions wouldn't it be a limitation to the conditions on your license and have no bearing on which state you are in?

I think u guys might be referring to EVLGTR which was a blue 34 from the central coast, it was a CRD customer...very sad

Nah, I have a mates place as my mailing address when I am overseas, so legally I have a form of residential stability in the KnobheadPolitical Territory.

Yeah a GTR was a main factor, but two commodores wiped out eight people in high speed P plate dickheadery.
:-(

Kids need to be taught respect and control for their vehicle.
I drove a paddock basher as a kid, and raced on the Northern NSW dirt track loop derby scene for little while as a minor.
I have done multiple offensive and defensive driving courses, and have my Bike licence, car licence, HR licence and Forklift licence.

Yet I am not allowed to drive my GTR on my P's because of a group of uneducated morons who got to play with their daddy's cars.

There needs to be a test for P platers to prove they are responsible and capable of driving special vehicles - But a no-modification rule in terms of performance must remain in effect, and said vehicles and drivers must be given regular tests to prove they can maintain themselves and their vehicle at all times appropriate to the australian road and pedestrian laws.
Such as a window sticker Permit for people who have successfully proven themselves, it should be somewhat of a licence that is attached to them and their car.

I think that is only fair - and if our government was intelligent enough - they would notice it would be another form of revenue raising.
That being said, if it were a licence, it would also have points ontop of their normal licence.
That if they acted like tools, or committed an road rule offence - points should be deducted from that licence to the point that if they did 20 over (eg.), got busted, they'd receive a fine, and points loss on that external licence, where if they lost that licence they would lose the privilege of owning said performance vehicle, and all ability to drive it.
Thus being restricted down to normal non turbo sub 8 cylinder cars.

But it would never work due to cops who would do it for the fun of it.
And for the fact you get massive points loss for stupid offences - that is idiocy - because if the government wanted to create proper revenue - they wouldn't take the repeating offenders licence - they'd fine them heavier, and heavier, till they had to never drive again due to massive financial burden.

That also being said, I believe all cars should pass a proper engineers inspection.
There's some real dumbass modifications doing the rounds due to lack of proper build ability and cheapness.

Three things - Cheap, Fast, Reliable.
Cheap = bad in my book.
If it's cheap it could potentially be dangerous, thus endangering you and others because of your carelessness for "Fully hektik, dose, hellaflush" crap.

That's my rant over - back to the R32 Pics.

57458625.jpg

skyline-nismo-1.jpg

ARKHAM_at_Brooklands.JPG
wmbnr32.jpg
6270785011_e9c46365b0_b.jpg

And for the lolz.
nissan-skyline-gt-r-r32-police-car-is-sc

Edited by RBMunkie

I think u guys might be referring to EVLGTR which was a blue 34 from the central coast, it was a CRD customer...very sad

I think they are but the one in Canberra was a separate incident. I can't recall details 100% but I was fairly certain was a black GTR in 1997 or so.

I've heard of the CRD one they are talking about as well. Nasty stuff.

Nah, I have a mates place as my mailing address when I am overseas, so legally I have a form of residential stability in the KnobheadPolitical Territory.

Yeah a GTR was a main factor, but two commodores wiped out eight people in high speed P plate dickheadery.

:-(

Doens't matter where your mailing address is, if you have a NSW P plate license I'm fairly certain you're still stuffed.

And back on topic, my GTR got a new CF pressie the other day, covers are at powdercoaters as we speak:

20130524_NissanGTRR32_zpsacb7feac.jpg

And some others from the ACT NSW Midway Meetup a few months back:

IMG_7595_zps8db3e097.jpg

IMG_7244_zpsb5c134a2.jpg

IMG_7587_zpscdaf6872.jpg

IMG_7251_zps6a861715.jpg

That black gtr cop car is awesome!

I like the chaser rims on it...why do police cars go back to press steel rims, including the falcodores? My guess is if u hit a gutter, it won't crack the rim and leak air like it would with an alloy rim.

I actually have a W.A licence.

Still got busted with a Turbo on p's when I first came to NSW though.

Didn't know about the different laws a year ago.

EEK.

I did have a bit of a read on it and it varies from state to state how the different laws apply. If you have a WA license surely you'd be ok then? I know ACT license holders are when they are in NSW.

What size precision is that Kat? Makes my 6266 look like a midget

Haha it's a 7675. I went a bit crazy last year :D

The "P" plate laws are a license restriction, NOT a state law. This means that if you have a license from a state (i.e ACT) where P platers can have a turbo car there is nothing NSW or the other states can do about it. It's pretty much the same with the speed limit restriction. ACT P platers are not limited to a speed limit, NSW are. We can do the limit as it is not restricted by our license.

However. If i live in the ACT and get a license there on my P's and move to NSW with a turbo car my license will be swapped over and i can no loger drive said car.

100% the reason i moved from the edge of NSW into ACT a few years ago haha.

• Like 1