SAU Community

Engine Doesnt Idle After .08mm Gap

OK, I changed the gap to .75. This didnt fix the problem, and I doubt that the electrodes are damaged because it idles and runs perfect on lower revs.

3lit3 32, I have a Walbro fuel pump which is the same one I used for the old RB20DET that was in my car before the 25. The RB20 ran perfectly fine with that pump and it has not been touched since then. I uploaded newer video which now clearly shows the problem. Does it look like its starved of fuel? Spark? Why is it that 1st gear revs out fine but 2nd just stalls between 4-5k rpm?

New Video-

x8n62d7o.jpg

I could take a look but you'll have to email that video to me. I cannot view it via the link you have provided.

As for the Walbro pump...I think you've just answered your problem. I would literally not piss on one if it caught fire.

Looks like its sorted, it was the bloody fuel pump!

Ive got a Walbro pump which I fitted along with my old RB20. I just removed it and noticed that the filter was fully black. Gave it a good clean and put it back in. It now happily redlines through all gears

On a side note, I recommend that anyone fitting a Walbro pump keep their factory filter and fit it to the Walbro. The Walbro filter is 1/4 the size of the factory filter. Pretty slack really.

Cheers for the input guys.