SAU Community

Thoughts On Injector Brands - Just Personal Pref?

ned

Hi all,

i am looking at upgrading the injectors on a GTR at the same time as Poncams, but looking at the range of brands and prices its confusing. On any given day and depending on the seller there will be a large difference in price - is there really much difference in their function? I know many people will have the "I only buy brand A, B, C" type answer, but beyond that is there anything to be wary of?

Specifically Greenline has Sard on sale, will their 534cc be any worse than a Nismo or other brand (yes I understand that the sizes are a little different)?

Has anyone seen or heard of the Venom ( Venom website ) injectors? There are sets on ebay that seem reasonable (ebay).

Thanks for the help

Ned

Edited by ned

I think if your choosing from any of the major companies you dont have anything to worry about. They are all of pretty high standard. Most people go on price and ease of fitment, eg nismo injectors virtually a direct swap except for putting new orings on em which is no hassle. I use sards, just because thats what i got before i knew about nismos being direct replacement. Sure they have collars and you need to wire in new plugs for em, but they've done the trick without fail so far.

Other reason i liked getting sards is that there is always plenty in stock in australia. Sometimes the wait from nengun for items, depending on their stocks can be a while.

Hi all,

i am looking at upgrading the injectors on a GTR at the same time as Poncams, but looking at the range of brands and prices its confusing. On any given day and depending on the seller there will be a large difference in price - is there really much difference in their function? I know many people will have the "I only buy brand A, B, C" type answer, but beyond that is there anything to be wary of?

Specifically Greenline has Sard on sale, will their 534cc be any worse than a Nismo or other brand (yes I understand that the sizes are a little different)?

Has anyone seen or heard of the Venom ( Venom website ) injectors? There are sets on ebay that seem reasonable (ebay).

Thanks for the help

Ned

Ill give you the heads up.....all Jap brand injectors are made by the same company (Nippon Denso) the only thing that makes them SARD, TRUST, HKS, Nismo etc is the cardboard they are packaged in.

gtrs are top feed single pintle so every injector will be about the same. For ease of installation i'd get some that have the same plug.

If it was for an r33 gtst there are differences in injector types to consider as well as the plug swap issues mentioned above. Some people also have issues with sard collars (which are sold separatetly) and getting them to seal properly. I didn't.

Ill give you the heads up.....all Jap brand injectors are made by the same company (Nippon Denso) the only thing that makes them SARD, TRUST, HKS, Nismo etc is the cardboard they are packaged in.

I've heard a few times that some have a different spray pattern and some should be avoided due to this (especially the nismos).. or is that just bullshit?

I've heard the same in relation to rx7 injectors. sounds like bullshit to me though seeing as i've run both series 5 top feeds and series 6 side feeds (almost identical to sards) with no issues.