Sandown - Round 5 - Sun 11 June

Bec

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ill be there filming so i want some good slippery sliding action :). Curious, in the real wet, what do people use, good road tyres or semis, i cant imagine they have much grip in the wet...

Bummer Dane.

Fingers crossed the weather forecast improves between now and Sunday as my tyres are in no where near good enough condition to be doing Sandown in the rain.

Don't stress dude. The balder they are the more fun they are ... (I know something else like that too :) )

I've scored me a lend of some big hoops that get over my brakes. Thing is, these hoops are used to going much faster than I'm gunna be able to spin them

ill be there filming so i want some good slippery sliding action :P. Curious, in the real wet, what do people use, good road tyres or semis, i cant imagine they have much grip in the wet...

Actually this is a misgiving by many people. Good semi's with plenty of tread depth actually have heaps of grip in the wet and would still be faster than normal streets. But as soon as the wear on the semi's wears down below the tread depth markers then they can start to aquaplane.

Don't stress dude. The balder they are the more fun they are ... (I know something else like that too :P )

I've scored me a lend of some big hoops that get over my brakes. Thing is, these hoops are used to going much faster than I'm gunna be able to spin them

Well for starters I have 3 right tyres and 1 left tyre so one of them is going to be running backwards which isn't cool in the wet - not to mention that all of them are below the tread markers which also isn't cool.

That said I don't mind driving in the rain - infact I quite enjoy driving in the rain at Winton and Phillip Isalnd (and Wakefield was fun too) but Sandown (and Calder) is a different story. The first time I drove there in the wet the car went straight on at turn 2 (I didnt hit anything luckily) so then I decided to limp back to the pits and yet despite going at snail speed the car also then went straight on at the kink and over the grass. I managed to just get back to the pits when the Ferrari 360 challenge smacked into the wall and spread bits of carbon fibre all over the track. Since then I've personally never been happy with Sandown in the wet.

...unless Al wants to co-enter his car...LOL...with my semis on it will beat Scotsman ;)

I would bet money on it :laugh:

If it was 2 weeks later i would have been a much better chance.

No need for your semi's mate, i have my own ;).

Really happy to hear my car made such a good impresion on you ;). I will give you another drive, at the next DECA, to get your opinion of my latest upgrades ;). Car wont be ready for another two weeks :(.

Give me Al's car...its what all GTST's should be...you would all be chasing a red GTST
Just keeps getting better :D.

Bris, surely your set-up would be BETTER?

PS: I have read this thread for the first time, today.

The first time I drove there in the wet the car went straight on at turn 2 (I didnt hit anything luckily) so then I decided to limp back to the pits and yet despite going at snail speed the car also then went straight on at the kink and over the grass. I managed to just get back to the pits when the Ferrari 360 challenge smacked into the wall and spread bits of carbon fibre all over the track. Since then I've personally never been happy with Sandown in the wet.

Yeah that was a nasty day.... 30+ degrees then monsoonal rain... you boys stayed on in the arvo though and got lots of track time though by memory...?

poor 360 challenge :(

Was that 2005 or 2004. My first time was last year in heavy rain...i had a blast because everyone went home and left me to go round and round all by myself. It was great fun...but it was very slippery on well used semis...the in car footage is funny with me lighting up 4th gear on the front straight :)

...unless Al wants to co-enter his car...LOL...with my semis on it will beat Scotsman :D

I would bet money on it :(

Yeah you wish Brisby! You would still have no chance.

I'm out - No money for the new Semi's and Pads required.

I hope it rains on you all.. (Walks off sulking..)

So your sticking with a solid centre??? Thats kinda overkill isnt it? Has to be hard on gearboxes as well....well thats what the theory would have you believe...the actual difference?!?!?!

And Scostman, you know Als car would beat your thing, you need another 80rwkws before you can hope to beat the likes of the AVO R33 GTST or a GTST car like ALs...if only INASNT wasnt selling his car...it would be a good jigger

Scotsman, i thought with a rack and rump like yours you would be able to rustle up the money needed in no time at all :(

chris_kilt.jpg

Yeah mate, I'm sticking to my guns and going with the solid centre. SR gearboxes are cheap :) haha

I just really like the clutch that I'm running currently, so I don't want to change it. It performs faultlessly and has put up with a fair amount of abuse before it finally cried no more...