SAU Community

Sandown - Round 5 - Sun 11 June

Bec

Well done Neil, good to see another GTR having a go on the track, great time aswell!!

I think your talking about the black R32 GTR you almost collected (BBGTR)...

Ooops - right colour, wrong model - BBGTR did express some relief after that sprint session - it was amazing that there was no serious damage done

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how good does that look

GTR - Supercalafragilisticexpealodocious Cheater

GTR - Alcon Super Duper Cheater

GTR - Buy yourself a socket set Cheater

GTR - Quick to learn Cheater!

Sorry, GTR Envy :P

Sorry, GTR Envy ;)

Prophet Budge...he speaks the truth yoh!

And nice to have met you Neil. Hope its something simple with the car.

Sorry, GTR Envy ;)

It's standard man. A standard RPM setup.. :dry: Shame it was raining when you were down on the flag point. I didn't want to tempt fate by barrelling into Dandenong Corner. Lots of nasty things to hurt the car...

Did anyone get pics of the day?

:D

It's standard man. A standard RPM setup.. :rofl: Shame it was raining when you were down on the flag point. I didn't want to tempt fate by barrelling into Dandenong Corner. Lots of nasty things to hurt the car...

Did anyone get pics of the day?

Surely there are some pics floating around.

And if that was you showing restraint into Dandy? It still looked absolutely awesome under brakes. It was one of the few cars not pinching brakes.

Which reminds me ..Matt, stop locking rear brakes :rofl:

locking rear brakes? you talking about me?

i dun think mine were locking.. i have doubts about by bias adjustment, but i reckon the rears are not even working...

i may have got a bit of comp lock up from those massive revs comming down into second :D

and also the smoke comming from the rear was out of the exhuast pipe not the tires...

the old BOV was mucking up the AFM good...

ne hoo... great day, had a blast..

got my times down to 1:35.07 best.... over 2 secs better than last time, and on a less grippy track...

not much but a start.. so i'm happy...

MaT

Ooops - right colour, wrong model - BBGTR did express some relief after that sprint session - it was amazing that there was no serious damage done

I'll say. bwwwhahahaha

Did you even get any indication of what caused your spin?. I couldn't believe I was facing the wrong direction, at such low speed and minimal throttle? I'll be storing that one up for next time :blink:

Regards

Andrew

Edited by BBGTR

locking rear brakes? you talking about me?

Oops too many Matts. GTTR34 was locking the rear bakes everytime into Dandy...nothing major but it seemed pretty consistant.

As for Corona Matt, it seemed you needed all the engine brakign you could muster to stop the old girl...but a 1:35 flat is damn good considering your tyres and everything. I think its quicker then most of the R32/33 guys :blink:

As for Corona Matt, it seemed you needed all the engine brakign you could muster to stop the old girl...but a 1:25 flat is damn good considering your tyres and everything. I think its quicker then most of the R32/33 guys :)

lets not get too excited...

1:35 flat :blink:

Oops too many Matts. GTTR34 was locking the rear bakes everytime into Dandy...nothing major but it seemed pretty consistant.

my handbrake warning light is on consistently now... might have to check that out.