SAU Community

Gb #2: Gktech Front Mount Kits! $400!

dezz

Ok guys i'm organising a group buy for the GKTech front mount kits.

Starting 30/5 and ending in 2 weeks on the 13th/5 (or when we have 10 buyers, another GB will be started if this 1 fills)

Kits available to suit

S13/S14/S15

R32/R33/R34

A31

RNN14 GTi-R AND GC8 WRX!!

Details on the kits :

The front mount bar and plate intercooler kits are constructed entirely of high quality 6061 aluminum and the intercooler core is 100% vacuum brazed. The polished aluminum end tanks are hand TIG welded for a perfect fit. The ambient fin pitch has been adjusted to provide an optimal fin density of 15 fins/inch. This gives the intercooler excellent flow properties as well as a large cooling surface area, and the efficient Bar & Plate core takes advantage of these properties. The piping is all mandrel bent and contains only 1 weld mark throughout the whole kit. The kit includes 1x 600x 300x 76mm intercooler, polished aluminimum piping, all brackets, nuts, bolts, tripple layer silicon hoses, clamps etc.

The kits are designed to be installed DIY and are very easy to install.

Features & Specs:

-All TIG Welded 6061 Aluminum, polished end tanks

-100% Vacuum Brazed Core

-High Efficiency Bar & Plate Construction

-3 popular Sizes available

-Inlet/Outlet: 3inch

-Low pressure drop w/ only 0.2psi at 15psi of boost

-Tested CFM: 1020 CFM

-Fin Pitch: 15 Fins/Inch

-Four Threaded Universal Mounting Points

e1.jpg d1.jpg c1.jpg b1.jpg

cooler1.jpg cooler5.jpg cooler6.jpg cooler7.jpg cooler2.jpg

We need 10 buyers for the GB to go ahead, so post in here if you're in. Kits will be purchased once we have 10 buyers, and sent out soon after purchase.

Price for each kit is $400 + postage (see below for postage cost) and pickup will be available from me in Melb. (Western suburbs)

Thats a saving of $50 on the normal price of these great quality kits :D

FREIGHT: (all items are sent out by registered post with full insurance)

VIC: $30

SA/NSW: $45

QLD: $50

WA/NT: $70

1. broadz - WRX

2. KillaFlop - WRX

3. QRI05E - R33 GTS-T

4. bilbo117 - R33 GTS-T

Interested

rice_me_Up

Which pic(s) actually relate to R33 S2 kit?

Can we get some pics of the unit installed and comments from people of the last group buy/who have it installed?

When they get their kits and get them fitted im sure someone can post pics..

The pics in the post are the GTS-T kits :D

The kits actually left the post office this morning and not yesterday afternoon. They were dropped off yesterday afternoon but unfortunately due to the 34 boxes that I needed to send out at the same time they couldn't have them all ready before the close of trade :)

Please post up when your kit arrives (should take anywhere from 1-5 working days depending on you location within Australia).

cheers,

Greg

I am pretty sure the Hybrid kits won't fit an SF5 Forester. Oh well :dry:

It really depends on how far the kits off from fitting on your car. If it is only a little bit of mucking around to fit on a different car than intended then it will still be a very cheap option over custom. If it's nothing like the WRX kit then it's best to go custom.

Only you can decide if it's worth it or not.

Greg

Problem is I am not 100% sure why it doesn't fit just know it doesn't. If I was in Melbourne I would just pop in for you guys to have a look but being based in Adelaide makes it a bit more difficult for me to do that. If I could russle up someone in Melbourne do you think you could take a look and let me know?

Michael

Problem is I am not 100% sure why it doesn't fit just know it doesn't. If I was in Melbourne I would just pop in for you guys to have a look but being based in Adelaide makes it a bit more difficult for me to do that. If I could russle up someone in Melbourne do you think you could take a look and let me know?

Michael

Hi Micheal, unfortunately it makes it very hard as the kit is designed specifically for the GC8 WRX.

As far as modifying it we don't know and wouldn't know until it is fitted to a car which would take a fwe hours to even determine.

If you're in a Subaru club or something like that, possibly someone on there can help? Maybe someone on there has attempted to fit a WRX kit to a Forester, as we just really don't know if it will fit, and can't guarantee if it will fit to a car other than specified.

Sorry for not being able to help you too much :(

Greg

OK apparently the kit will fit an SF5 Forester with slight mods, but it maystick out the bottom of the bumper, ideally for a Forester the core needs to be 600x260x76. I have posted a link to this thread on the gtrydaz forum as well now.

Michael

ok, so would you like a kit or?

Common guys, this is a once in a life time opportunity! When are you ever going to find an excellent quality FMIC kit with EVERYTHING needed to install for $400?? Even if after 12 months it stuffs up just replace the core for a name brand and use the same piping!!! you will save $$$ either way...

Regards,

Sarkis

Edited by QRI05E