SAU Community

Dealer Willing To Swap R32 Gtr With R34 25gt?

Hi guys,

I have a r3425GT. It is in very good condition 99 model with 63K. But it is a non turbo. A dealer is willing to swap my car with a r32 1991 GTR with 119k. It has a fully rebuilt engine, new heavy duty clutch, new tyres and brakes, 3 year warranty on all mechanical parts, full rego.

Do you think it is a worth swap?

Any advice is appreciated.

And what sort of maintenance cost am I talking if i just plan to own the r32gtr as it is with no thrashing or modifications?

Guest Mashrock
Hi guys,

I have a r3425GT. It is in very good condition 99 model with 63K. But it is a non turbo. A dealer is willing to swap my car with a r32 1991 GTR with 119k. It has a fully rebuilt engine, new heavy duty clutch, new tyres and brakes, 3 year warranty on all mechanical parts, full rego.

And what sort of maintenance cost am I talking if i just plan to own the r32gtr as it is with no thrashing or modifications?

if a dealer is willing to swap then your in trouble :D

but the 3 year warranty sounds appealing.

the 32gtr can bend you over and f**k you in the ass. i enjoy it. haha

but rebuilt engine could be a bonus... or a minus. look into things with it.

well you have to ask yourself.. why does a car with 119,000 kms need an engine rebuild? any why would a dealer want to get rid of a GTR from their car yard but replace it with another car? they obviously want to get rid of it for some reason... it just doesn't add up

options

1) the kms are fake

2) the car has been thrashed

3) the car has been raced

4) the car has been in an accident

5) all of the above

my 2c

cheers,

Warren

Hi guys,

i think the dealer wants trade for the following reasons:

r32 gtr`s are like assholes atm..everyone`s got one

r32`s gtr prices are dropping like a lead balloon because of this

99 gt manual is P plate ok car (bigger market) ..gtr`s are not

finance is a lot easier to get for 99 model car(bigger market again) ..91 basically impossible

i have 5 r34`s atm and wouldn`t trade any of them on a old gtr

it makes sense to me that he would trade ..gtr would owe him approx $15k which is less than your car would cost to land and comply

Hi jake32,

thanks for your input that was very helpful,

i am really keen on getting a r32gtr,

but it is a bit hard to sell the r34 now cause it is non turbo as well,

do you think i should sell it then buy privately?

what is the market price of a r34 non turbo of my kind?

Thanks

Hi jake32,

thanks for your input that was very helpful,

i am really keen on getting a r32gtr,

but it is a bit hard to sell the r34 now cause it is non turbo as well,

do you think i should sell it then buy privately?

what is the market price of a r34 non turbo of my kind?

Thanks

non turbo MANUAL coupe which i think yours is should not be hard to sell in vic or nsw due to p plate restrictions,in my experience this is a hard car to find in japan let alone here so i would try and market it where the young guys/ p platers are..proberbly not this forum as most people allready have cars and are past the p plate issue

value not sure ..but definately worth more than 91 gtr ..just tell the dealer gtr+ a couple of grand to pay for increased insurance and running costs ..twin turbo cost a lot more to run than NA ..trust me ,partner is using 260RS as run around car atm and i reckon i would be $60 bucks a week better off when she gets the NA gt-v registered :(

WHAT EVER U DO DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was supose to buy my 34 from them and i almost got scrued over i asked for a 34 wit 36,000 km that i had seen in the shop before and i pointed it ou to the guy he said ye ok all good and we went on to writing up the papers just before i was to sign the last bit of the papers i saw that insted of the car that i was supose to buy he had put a different model R34 which had 79,000 km on it which is not the one that i asked for he also promised to a trade in for my JEEP WRANGLER 99 for 14 grand and in the end that wasnt going to hapen as well they are shifty c**ts at that dealer ship

SO DONT BUY FROM THEM

So you guys think i should sell the car then buy a gtr separately.

But there is no warranty when i buy privately though.

I am really a newbie to turbo perfomance

what should i do?

One thing to check is how good the warranty is. Some warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. For an R32, I bet the warranty is one of the dodgy ones that covers like $1500 for an engine rebuild and about $200 for everything else. I got a 3 year warranty with my R33, and after reading the booklet, I wish now I hadn't bothered.

The question has to be asked, "why does a 119000km engine need rebuilding", but I think alot of GTRs are getting rebuilt engines with relatively low kays.

Also remember that the dealer would only be willing to swap for 2 reasons:

1) the car you are swapping for has a problem, and they want to get rid of it.

2) your car is worth more money than the car you are swapping for.

A dealer won't swap a car for one worth less than the one they have unless there is a reason - i.e. the car has problems, no-one wants it (why?) etc.

I have swapped a couple of cars with dealers, and they will try to shaft you every time, the last swap I did was a bit of a disaster, I don't think I will do that again.

As for the value of your car, GTT models go for as little as $28000 these days, so that would have to be the upper figure for a GT in primo condition.

It is a risky trade, but pretty much any R32 you buy is a risk, they are getting old and developing problems, a rebuilt engine could be a good thing if everything has been done properly, no cut corners.

If it was me, I would see how much you can get for your car (have a look in the trading post or something at similar cars and what they are selling for), sell privately, then look for another car.

Yeah the warranty won't be worth the paper its printed on...

If you try to make a claim, they will just say its modified which breaches the warranty conditions. Even if they sold you the car already modified. I got a warranty when I bought my car, and reading through the clauses and conditions you realise that you will never get money out of them.

You have already mentioned the car has a heavy duty clutch, there goes the warranty policy already....

The question has to be asked, "why does a 119000km engine need rebuilding", but I think alot of GTRs are getting rebuilt engines with relatively low kays.

Don't kid yourself, Quinny... NO car with 119,000kms should need an engine rebuild

hell, even the stock timing belt would last that long.,. why would and engine need a rebuild after such a short amount of time

the kms are so fake that its not funny. plus, something also has gone wrong with the engine

most of hte cars you describe are in the exact same condition as the one in question

I agree that an engine with 119000 genuine kms should not need rebuilding, but I am also saying that there may be a legitimate reason for the rebuild - maybe the previous owner rebuilt it as a preventative measure, maybe they overheated it and fried the engine.

My point is that if a dealer is willing to swap a "perfectly good" R32 GTR for a R34 GT, which is probably not worth much more to the car yard, then one has to ask why. Personally I think that there is some reason that the car yard is trying to get rid of the GTR. It isn't worth their while doing the swap unless the car yard is either getting rid of a car they don't want or cant sell, or the car that they are getting is worth more than the vehicle they are trading.