SAU Community

D1 Drift Game

BazaR33

• 2 weeks later...

you need to get your ps2 chipped to make it play NTSC games. other than that i have played the 2004 one and it was pretty realiistic with a button for the clutch which you have to press to change the gears and everything.

i think you can buy it from ebay and have it shipped to your house.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2005 one.. nothing special.. i didnt know there was a clutch button :D

but yeah you have to mod your ps2 before playing it or use a boot up disk program like Swap magic

EA Games and Namco just signed a contract to bring D1GP to the english speaking masses this year. Stay tuned, a local version will be available soon.

Japanese 2006 edition (or whatever the last installment is) is still pretty cool though.

you need to get your ps2 chipped to make it play NTSC games. other than that i have played the 2004 one and it was pretty realiistic with a button for the clutch which you have to press to change the gears and everything.

i think you can buy it from ebay and have it shipped to your house.

Awsome!

To bad the GT4 steering wheel pedals dont have a third pedal for a clutch. Im sure i could rig something up though.

u can play with this

gabig_03.gif

or High Res this

post-13315-1152101248.jpg Pic is 1280x1024 159k

sorry i cant get you a short video but my drifting is utter crap

Edited by Madaz

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I got this game yesterday.

I am ok but not great at it.

Anyone feel like giving me some tips on how to drift easily, like what is the best mothod and so forth.

Also any other tips?

I got the d1 2005 on ps2.

I finished secong in the champ last night so I must be getting better.

Manual is much better to drift aswell, u can control the car more.

Also change to tyres more towards the drift end of the scale.

i give it too much gas... :dry:

should i just tap the accel?

this is how I do it:

Come into the corner say in 4th,

off the gas,

brake maybe,

turn in,

down shift to 2nd,

get back on the gas and tap if need be.

c how u go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Lots of this, and in older cars, AC is generally controlled by the AC knobs and programming, and the ECU reacts to the load. Modern cars, the ECU controls kicking the AC on/off at the AC systems request so it can be prepared for the engagement/disengagement.
    • Sadly, it won't happen. The AC controls in our cars are essentially on-off. Whereas the AC in new stuff is more a case of variable displacement compressors giving infinitely variable output.
    • I don't think anyone did. But it still made me consider. For me personally it wasn't clear whether the AC experience in my car was shit because it is an old system, or because it wasn't maintained. Looks like it may have just been the latter. I see some more modern setup being sold as an upgrade and I wonder whether it would make it drive like AC in a modern car. Where you don't really hear it or notice it. But maybe that's asking for too much as well.   Haha, stick it in a Nissan Cube and you end up with a driveable fridge I'm not doubting your experience. Just thought it was interesting to hear the AC technician's thoughts on it.  
    • Guess I should be hunting down one of these big ol ford units then for max flow ....  I've had fresh gas in mine and it was never as cold as it is now . The compressor could have been trash though, like I said I am one example with a bunch of unknowns. 
    • I don't know if anyone was seriously suggesting a retrofit of an Echo compressor in place of a more-or-less working original comp. You'd have to change the hoses at the bare minimum to do so, and that will definitely add significant cost. I had to get my hoses modded when I did the engine transplant and chose to use the Neo's AC over the even older R32 comp. That was startlingly more expensive than expected for what looks like a simple welding job, and a massive pain in the arse when it turned to have a pinhole leak in the weld too. The Frenchie's kit is for people who have next to nothing of the original system or have more than that but some of it is a bit shit and better off thrown away than salvaged. If you've got 90% of the system, you just patch it up. Mine is currently degassed because it apparently has a big leak somewhere. If I find it is the compressor, I will be looking to take my spare comp to a shop to assess and/or recondition, rather than contemplating a retrofit to anything off-brand.