SAU Community

Tourist Trophy

Archie@

I just picked up my copy at lunch time but I still got to wait till I get home before I get a chance to play…..

For those of you that have been living in a cave and don’t know what TT is, it’s basically GT4 with motorbikes. You get almost all the same tracks (yes that includes Nurburgring) and approximately 180 sports bikes to choose from. Plus you get to customize them with sports exhausts and etc… just like in the GT series.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts? I’ll give my first impressions of it tomorrow…. And if there is enough of us here that get it, we could probably run similar time challenges as with GT4….

Well, I’ve had about a bit over an hour to play it so far and I’m pretty impressed. Far more difficult than GT4. Same graphics which are fantastic, the bikes range from scooters to racers, race bikes and even a tourer or two. All the GT4 tracks are there (apart from Le Mans) and even a new circuit which is Valencia.

My first foray in TT was with a nice Ducati 999 at Nurburgring. As expected, it ended in tears just after turn one. The entire screen leans into corners as I quickly found out that you don’t control the bike, but more so the rider. Also you can set up your sitting position on the bikes with a lot of precision. If you want to ride a dirt bike, you can even pick a motard sitting position, and get that leg out on the turns.

As I mentioned before, falling is really easy (mind you I did have it on professional settings), and I soon had the highside down packed pretty well.

For someone who has ridden his fair share of bikes, I actually found it far more difficult to control the bike in game than I ever have in real life…. Maybe I’m just more cautious in real life though….

Anyway here are a few ingame shots I quickly took when I was playing… looking forward to some quality time with TT this weekend. Overall I rate it rather highly actually and I’d give it a 9 ½ out of 10 because it’s just so damn fun popin monos…

post-13320-1149075768.jpg

post-13320-1149075830.jpg

post-13320-1149075850.jpg

post-13320-1149075867.jpg

post-13320-1149075883.jpg

post-13320-1149075903.jpg

how much time do you lose when you fall off?

not much actually, it puts you back on fairly quickly, but then you still have to start from a stand still again each time you come off...

• 1 month later...

yeah i picked up a copy last saturday and im pretty happy with it. unfortunately i find it pretty hard to pop monos on anything other than the sportsbikes like the yzf600s and upwards. you should be able to get pretty much any of them on the back wheel...drz400s and the like should do them easy. but oh well, im just biased being an offroad rider:p unfortunately there doesnt seem to be any wheelspin or lockups either which takes away from riding motard bikes which are usually sliding into corners under brakes and whatnot. graphics look wild tho, and the gameplay is pretty easy to get the hang of.

i heard bikes will be included in GT5 tho, so that should be pretty awesome whenever it comes out on ps3!