Rb26 Gt-rs Dyno Result

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it appears that this promising combo disappeared to oblivion...

you dont need big stroker cranks to make good power with GT-RS turbo's

we made 455 AWKW in competition at Newcastle Autosalon with BP98 in tank and 20psi

all this with a STD Nissan R33 crank! on an 11.2:1 run in tune

makes his 2.9ltr look a little weak now

edit:also made over 500awkw at final battle with Sunoco at 25psi with 11.4:1afr's

Yes it appears that this promising combo disappeared to oblivion...

you dont need big stroker cranks to make good power with GT-RS turbo's

we made 455 AWKW in competition at Newcastle Autosalon with BP98 in tank and 20psi

all this with a STD Nissan R33 crank! on an 11.4:1 run in tune

makes his 2.9ltr look a little weak now

edit:also made over 500awkw at final battle with Sunoco at 25psi with same afr's

u would prob find the stroker would have made more torque alot earlier.

not correct...ive got nearly 5500rpm of peak torque!...ill go the "pepsi challenge" with Gav's 450kw graph from Perth Autosalon to prove a point if you like. Both done on a Mainline dyno under competition conditions.

My main point is you don't need to waste money on big $$ engineering or an out of the box stroker crank. Why re-invent the wheel. Spend the money elsewhere like headwork, monster cams and rev the c*nt out of it. It will make the power!

Agreed...My old engine with GTRS's made maximum torque about 500rpm lower with a 4mm stroker crank.

But...the new car makes max torque well under 3krpm...and it has bags and bags of it

not correct...ive got nearly 5500rpm of peak torque!...ill go the "pepsi challenge" with Gav's 450kw graph from Perth Autosalon to prove a point if you like. Both done on a Mainline dyno under competition conditions.

My main point is you don't need to waste money on big $$ engineering or an out of the box stroker crank. Why re-invent the wheel. Spend the money elsewhere like headwork, monster cams and rev the c*nt out of it. It will make the power!

u must come from the rotor way of thinking. im rather apposed to this approach. the idea of " if it wont make torque just keep revving it" doesn't work for me. the higher u rev an engine and the longer u maintain those revs causes incredible amounts of engine wear (especially with all the problems RBs have with oil control at high revs).

i prefer the V8 approach, where u make bulk torque low in the rev range saving lots of undue stress on the engine. if i was building a track car i would rev it hard, but were talking street cars. i prefer the engine in my street cars to last as long as possible. but its horses for courses i guess.

i hardly think its reinventing the wheel, more a case of refining the wheel. if u didnt keep trying to improve on what u had, we would all still be riding around in cars made of logs on big wheels made out of stone (like in the flintstones). im not goin to sit here and debate which is better with any one and im not tryin to convert any1. i'm merely saying there might be a better way than just "reving the c*nt out of it" as u so carefully put it.

This didn't disappear into oblivion. I just got sick of e-warriors telling me "$5000, i can buy xyz jap brand for not much more than that!" or "what about the rod to stroke ratio? That must be a real problem!" etc etc. Whilst i never tried to tell anyone that this was some sort of magic combination, it seems there are a lot of people out ther with little to no experience who want to try prove there vast and expansive knowledge, that is fairly obviously gained from reading forums and reading forums only. Trust me, this combo works, and works well. Its a street car, and as such all in all is a good compromise of everything, in my opinion

Paul, i certainly dont put you in that category, your results speak for themselves. As you would know, you have obviously put a lot of time into developing what is a extremley potent combo. I certainly believe with more development time, i could see substantial gains in power form my set up. Its only been on the dyno twice. Once it maxed the injectors, the second time it was tuned, made safe, and thats it . It has never even had the cam timing played with! I would be interested to hear your comments on a couple of things on my car that i reckon might be holding it back. However i would take the "pepsi challenge" with you. Run your car up, print a dyno sheet, pull the engine out, change crank and pistons to a stroker crank like mine. Put the engine back in. Then tune and re dyno. Print out another dyno sheet. I know which combo would produce a better result. Paul surely you agree that if all that is changed is capacity, and it is inceased, your car will make at least the same power, but lower in the rev range, and may even make more..... There are no "smoke and mirrors", or "special sauce" in making power.

As far as the rest of the dribble on this page, seriously girls keep it on nissansilvia.com I put this info up here in the first place to share info with others, as i have gained a lot from these forums, so figured its a good idea to put back. Lets keep it on topic hey.

While on this GT2530/GT-RS(2871R-52T) has anyone thought of using HKS's GT2535 turbo's ? From their specs they use the same turbine as 2530's and GT-RS's but the compressor is an unusual 69mm diametre so may prove a little less laggy than the GT-RS's 71mm compressor depending on wheel trim and housing AR . I have to assume its compressor is a special by Garrett for HKS which they do at times . I'm not sure if its available with housings to suit an RB26 but its food for thought .

Cheers A .

You have sparked my interest, I could highflow my GT2860R-5's with the 2535 compressor, however I have noted only a 40ps increase in flow over the 2530's and they 2535 wheel has a larger inducer....not sure how well this would perform.. very interesting though.

GT2530 320 63 47.7 60.1 60 50 0.60 76 53.8 47 GT25 Internal - GT25 0.64 T3 Internal - Skyline Type 0.64

GT2535 340 56 51.6 69 60 50 0.60 76 53.8 47 GT25 Internal - GT25 0.64 0.86 T3 Internal - Skyline Type 0.64

GT2540 350 46 51.7 76.2 60 50 0.60 76 53.8 47 T3 Internal - Skyline Type 0.64

GT2540R 360 46 51.7 76.2 70 50 0.50 76 53.8 47 GT25 Internal - GT25 0.64 370 0.86

GT-RS 400 52 51.2 71.1 60 50 0.60 76 53.8 47 GT25 Internal