SAU Community

Sard 550cc Injectors (2b25det Wont Start!)

Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever had problems with after market injectors? I have just had some 550cc SARD injectors installed and now the engine wont fire. It is definitely the injectors not working as the spark plugs are firing. If I spray a little brake cleaner in the inlet it fires a few times suggesting no fuel is getting into the cylinders. This is the first time I have ever upgraded injectors so is there anything “special” I should know?

Thanks

SARD had a bodgy batch of injector clips that basically need modification so they'll seat properly and make enough of an electrical connection for the injectors to fire.

If you have spark you have injector pulse so it's probably that.

Call Hioctane.com.au if you need an explanation on how to do it but my first place to check would be the clips.

Note: They look and feel like they connect but they're not actually touching enough to work.

Adrian

I concur about the clips...i had same problem on cyl 6..took me a while to work out why she was only running on 5 cylinders. The little wire clips werent in all the way to make contact when the plug was clipped in.

you can cut a v into the side of the plugs so that they actually clip on if you have just got some regular old denso plugs. They foul on the lip of the rail otherwise.

A senario......

You have everything assembled, crank the engine a few times, i assume you get nothing apart from the starter motor turning the flywheel. You then remove the spark plugs, what is the condition of the tips?

1/ Clean and dry - lack of fuel; injectors

2/ Black and fouled - Too much fuel; ECU tunning

3/ Clean but wet (with fuel) - No spark; Coils, plugs, module, ignition, etc.

Tell us which option, above, is occuring.

Ash is correct, new injectors need a complete and full re-tune of the ecu, as the standard injector setting would have too big a time pulse thus flooding the engine with fuel.

possibly look at pulling the plug off all together and plugging the wires directly into the injector pins, also check to see if they are pulsing, should be able to feel it through the body the injecter, or if not, grab a screw driver and pop your ear ont he end to listen for them clicking

I had the same problem. were the injector plugs supplied with the injector? if so they are not contacting. Have to machine the lugs off the injector so you can fit the plugs 180 around. its weird i know but trust me, will fix problem.

Hey Guys,

Has anyone ever had problems with after market injectors? I have just had some 550cc SARD injectors installed and now the engine wont fire. It is definitely the injectors not working as the spark plugs are firing. If I spray a little brake cleaner in the inlet it fires a few times suggesting no fuel is getting into the cylinders. This is the first time I have ever upgraded injectors so is there anything “special” I should know?

Thanks

I had the same problem. were the injector plugs supplied with the injector? if so they are not contacting. Have to machine the lugs off the injector so you can fit the plugs 180 around. its weird i know but trust me, will fix problem.

Thanks for all the help guys, its really apprecaited. I will look into it today and see what I can do.

let me know how you go.

After looking at it and speaking with my mechanic I recon you are spot on. This weekend when I have time I will do exactly what you said to do and I will let you know how it all goes.

[it will be the problem, i only know because i spent a day trying to figure it out, but i had changed computer at the same time so i wasnt sure what it was, finally removed plugs and plugged harness in directly. All O.K.

quote name=MSPEC' date='6 Jun 2006, 03:15 PM' post='2231824]

After looking at it and speaking with my mechanic I recon you are spot on. This weekend when I have time I will do exactly what you said to do and I will let you know how it all goes.

Ahem! :P