SAU Community

Arc Intercoolers

ARC kit is the way to go. no doubt. I have NFI what paulR33 is trying to say about a stock GTR cooler (better than GKtech? or better than ARC?), but considering you have a GTST whether a stock GTR cooler is better or not is not really relevant...

ARC kit will be much nicer than the chinese kits. i say go for it.

he's saying GTR core is better than Blitz, ARC etc...

maybe for the GTR's...as having the plenum on that side means they have short piping....which is what you get when using arc/blitz LM on a GTS-T....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a pic of the ARC kit from their website, the design is different to what I expected, I thought they used the inlet and exit on the same side.

BOOSTD is this the same as your one?

post-27958-1149475260.gif

I think the one your thinking of is a PWR cooler??

The design of the ARC one is similar to the blitz LM. Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between the two, or are they much of a muchness?

How big are the inlet/outlet and the size of the piping?

he's saying GTR core is better than Blitz, ARC etc...

fair enough. I'm not sure that he is right though. sure the calsonic GTR coolers are good, but I would thing a properly sized ARC one would be better. plus for a GTST it's a moot point as 1. they dont come with a GTR cooler, and 2. if you bought and fitted one it involves some fairly lengthy piping. so not really relevant to this guys question at all.

fair enough. I'm not sure that he is right though. sure the calsonic GTR coolers are good, but I would thing a properly sized ARC one would be better. plus for a GTST it's a moot point as 1. they dont come with a GTR cooler, and 2. if you bought and fitted one it involves some fairly lengthy piping. so not really relevant to this guys question at all.

ehheh thats what i was getting at...they might be good on a GTR...but the gtr uses shorter piping with the plenum on the same side..whereas the gts-t needs to come up and over the radiator...so there's your extra piping...thats why i beleive that if you have the money and can justify spending it on a cooler, the turn flow kits are the way to go

this is mine

LOL, I was just looking at that pic trying to work out how that works with the twin entry, then I realised that your car is a GTR - i.e. twin turbo.....

Looking at the turn-flow kit, would the "turn" to come back under the radiator be restrictive, or is this a better design than the regular kits that go over the radiator? Looks like one advantage of this kit is that it uses the factory piping.

http://www.arcinter.co.jp/arc/products/ic/ic2.html

Its the core design that makes all the difference.

note the flared tubes on the inlet side of the core. On any other cooler the air hits 50% or more of a brick wall. ARC reduce this restriction to a minimun. It is also worth noting that I previously had over heating problems which are no existant now. Flow through the core is also improved.

http://www.arcinter.co.jp/arc/products/ic/ic2.html

Its the core design that makes all the difference.

note the flared tubes on the inlet side of the core. On any other cooler the air hits 50% or more of a brick wall. ARC reduce this restriction to a minimun. It is also worth noting that I previously had over heating problems which are no existant now. Flow through the core is also improved.

That was going to be another question I meant to ask. Is it likely that the car could overheat with a FMIC in place, being that it sits in front of the radiator. Is it worth looking into a better radiator and/or colder thermostat?

I suppose a colder thermostat might be a good idea, it is pretty cheap insurance to prevent overheating. Going for an aftermarket radiator might not be required though.

I suppose if I have any problems, I can always throw the standard cooler back in until I get it fixed.

Ive got a 1000ps ARC cooler on my gtr and its perfect..boost does come on a lil faster.I love it!

Dezz..that R34 Nur in your avatar..It came into work and I got to drive it..its breathtaking to see it in person.Owner currently sellin it:(

Dezz..that R34 Nur in your avatar..It came into work and I got to drive it..its breathtaking to see it in person.Owner currently sellin it:(

:D

How much is he asking? I need to know how many banks i need to rob so i can buy it off him :D:ermm:

Again guys you get what you pay for.

I bought one of the GKtech coolers and while the cooler itself was very good, im now going to have to fork out more to get custom stainless steel pipes made up for it as the gk pipes have the most piss poor fit of any kit i have seen.

none of them line up when fitted and we had to cut 2 inches out of one pipe just to fit it to the cooler.

Bleh you cant expect to much from a $400 kit.

:D

How much is he asking? I need to know how many banks i need to rob so i can buy it off him :D:ermm:

I didnt ask him how much but asked why he was selling it (as I think he bought it a few months ago)and he said it was too much money to be tied up in a car.I did see it for sale on a trading site here going for less than $NZ250,000 so hm you probably need to rob just one bank:P

Again guys you get what you pay for.

I bought one of the GKtech coolers and while the cooler itself was very good, im now going to have to fork out more to get custom stainless steel pipes made up for it as the gk pipes have the most piss poor fit of any kit i have seen.

none of them line up when fitted and we had to cut 2 inches out of one pipe just to fit it to the cooler.

Bleh you cant expect to much from a $400 kit.

thats interesting hayden...I havent heard any negative feedback from anyone else....