SAU Community

installing component speakers

Nozila

hey guys, ive recently bought a pair of kicker splits and would like to know if any1 has done a DIY to their r33, in regards to installing them to the front doors. I havent attempted to take the door apart yet as im worried about breaking/pulling something apart particularly the drivers door. This is just the first step and Im alredy afraid to attempt it, also Im unsure of where to place tweeters one door is apart. Any help would be much appreciated.

dooky.

Recently bought an r33 and have done much that

Doors not too much of a drama to take off, have 3 or 4 screws around the base, a small screw in the armrest handle well covered (normally) by a cap that flicks out, and the handle cover itself (flick out, slide toward the back of the door)

Then comes the fun part of easing the panel off. Helps if you pull out the armrest handle inset (the little cuppy thing) but its not entirely easy to do (or im doing it wrong) The armrest controls have a cable that clips in/out, unclip it and you're done.

Ive mounted in Sony 6"s with a tweeter up on the backplate to the side mirror. Once the door panel is off it just pops out. Had the best sound result for me, but play around with it once you have the main speaker in for best result. Everyone's head is in a different spot.

Hope it helps

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Just wanting to know how this went and wether any pics where taken? If so please post

SOMEONE HELP ME GET MY DOOR TRIMS OFF PLEASE....

I have un done the bottom screws along the bottom of the trim, flicked out the cover under the handle and unscrewed the large gold screw, and I have un screwed the pocket in the side door.

Only thing i think is left to do is remove the door unlock/lock handle surround, which i cannot get out and i am scared to break it HELP ASAP

• 1 month later...

That handle surround CAN break, but just don't bend it too much, and eventually it'll come off. That's the only hard part of the whole damn job!

The doorskin hangs on the sill, so pull the bottom away from the door, then slide the whole thing up, off the sill.

• 1 month later...

so that's 4 gold screws on pass. side (1*pocket-handle, 1*door lock trim & 2*horizontal door handle)

2 gold screws on drv. side (1 *pocket-handle, 1*door lock trim)

3 black screws on bottom of door trims both sides

take off lock surrounds

take out all switches plus their surroundings

take out pocket-handles (careful)

take out clarion paper poo and replace

good fun :)