SAU Community

3.6 Ltr Twin Turbo 450ps

BOOSTD

mmmm is this confirmed from any other sources?

I like the front better than the other concept photos, the dip between the headlight and the bonnet makes it look tougher i recon...

Don't like those gay white rear lights tho

And just in case you don't subscribe, this was the text from Geoff at Prestige:

The next GT-R has been confirmed for release at the end of 2007 with a 3.6L twin turbo VQ based engine generating 450ps. But starting at 9 million yen (AUD$108,000) it won't be cheap...

For pictures, see: http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modul....php?storyid=21

Allow a good year or two following release in Japan before the first of these machines hits Australian shores thanks to the red tape of SEVS. So if you want one you may have to wait until about 2009.

Based on the price in Japan, it would cost about $150,000 to have one on the road in Australia. So it would be worthwhile waiting for at least 2 to 4 years for the price to fall to a more realistic level.

Give it 5 to 8 years, and the price should be in the $50,000 to $60,000 range like the current price of R34 GTR's.

To be honest though, who wants to wait 5-8 years? I better start saving now!!!

I love the front more than the Proto. The N1 ducts and the angle of the headlights are great throwbacks to the previous GTR's as well as being functional. The great big intercooler warms my heart as well.

If it retails anywhere near $108k over here my deposit is down already.

Wooah Nelly! I gotta get me one of these!! :(

Interesting to note that the pics from this magazine show the car as being badged "Skyline". After all of this talk about it no longer being the Nissan Skyline GTR, but now being called Nissan GTR to separate it from the JDM family cars! I hope it does keep the Skyline name, as it's been with the car since its inception. It would be a shame to lose it simply for marketing purposes.

Looks like it's had some pretty drastic revisions since I saw the last concept. Gotta say I'm liking the new look though, seems more true to its roots (closer resembles the R34) now and less of a 'next gen' concept. That and the fact that it's packing a pair of snails now

Hmm now to secure that high paying job lol...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God dam it hurry up!!!!!!!!!

1 Just to get my licence back in time lol

2 get off the minium wage.

3 Promise G/f that i am saving for a house.

that about covers it.

Edited by Savman