SAU Community

Bit Of Help?

12DFY

Hey team. After much swearing and cursing I have come to discover the reason my car wont start is due to a snapped exhaust cam! How it has happened I have no idea!!!

Any how my problem has now come in that I have no idea in what to put in its place? Any suggestions please, I am prepared to change both cams but am not sure of which will best suit the car?

Mods are

S2 RB25 DET (210kw@wheels) :D

Modified inlet plenum

Forged pistons (2.6litre now rather than 2.5)

FMIC

Stock R33 S2 Turbo

600hp Bosch fuel pump

Wolf3d V4 plus ECU

Turbosmart E-boost EBC

What to do????????????????????

Need help on prices, brands, which ones are best suited etc, etc

Edited by 12DFY

i have a stock exhaust cam sitting here that will replace it if you like

you shouldnt have to replace both

Thanks for the reply mate, replacing it again with another stock one is probably my preferred option as i will not need to get retune etc etc etc. What are you willing to part with your stock cam for?

snapped the cam and didn't damage the valves? :ermm:

No mate, the cam broke on re-assembly. I needed to drill out two broken cam journal studs which required removal of cams etc. When tightening down the cam it apparently decided to snap. I discovered this after it was assembled and would not start. I rebuilt the engine a year ago myself and have had cams out heaps of times. Its not like i didnt know what i am doing or anything its just one of those things hey. Timing was done correctly and everything. Still i was quite annoyed with myself when i discovered what had happened!!!!

hmm are u refering to the cam gear or the cam shaft itself just to clarify

hmm shit all if your going to pick it up

Cam shaft itself mate, Your address is in Auckland so will be unable to pick it up as I live at the Gold Coast Australia. Am more than happy to pay postage and all that good stuff. Funny enough I have an R33 paper weight without it! Dont really want to go aftermarket cams as I would be looking at $800+ and on top of that a retune. So will fix you up accordingly!

lol nar dont let the avatar fool u i live in brisbane mate

Sweet will gladly pick it up mate, I work in Brisbane on Thursday and Friday. I could happily pinch the one out of my wifes 33 but unfortunately I do not appreciate hospital food. Have the other car so Im sure I will be able to pick it up!!!! Your a life saver mate!