SAU Community

Gfb Bov = Boost Drop?

Hey guys, I just fitted a GFB Hybrid (50% atmo / 50%plumb back) BOV and noticed that my max boost under throttle has dropped by 1 - 1.5psi... is this normal? there are no leaks... i made sure all hoses are tight... even used a gasket between the flanges... and it works perfectly except for the boost drop... i know many of you will say that an aftermarket BOX is a waste of money.. but i got it for a good price thanks to NICKR33...

Any thoughts? hints? suggestions?

Regards,

Sarkis

LOL maybe thats why NICKR33 sold it ... im going to leave it on for now and see how it goes after my FMIC and push the boost to 10psi...

Cheers

it wont be as good as the stocker on gearchange as its half venting the pressure to atmo, which means the turbo wont come quicker

throw it in the bin IMHO

have you adjusted the spring? you may need to tighten it to make sure its not leaking.

the reason why they feel a little less responsive is that the stock has a hole that allows the boost to constantly leak to keep the turbo spooling faster when idling and decelerating. i blocked this off on my stock bov and it wouldn't hold boost, high in the rpm. it would bleed off from 13psi to about 10/11 psi. i also think that the air recirculating pushes on the top of the bov to stop it opening at high rpm.

I had a GFB BOV and for some reason its jammed open because the spring isnt stiff anymore even after I tighten it fully, on idle its allready pushed slightly open, and on throttle there is no boost.

Might be just a freak occurance though

Nuh mine is running perfect... its fully shut on idle and holds boost well... just wanting to know why it has dropped a few psi in boost??

Cheers

FIXED!!!! Tightened the spring tension and it boosts harder then ever!!! No pops.. No back fire... PERFECT

Edited by QRI05E