SAU Community

Reading Airflow Meter On Safc.

the airflow meter maximum amount of airflow it can show the ecu.

0% is no airflow currently going through and 100% is the maximum amount of airflow the meter can show to the ECU. its a 0.00v to 5.00v scale, with 5.10v being the absolute max

Fancy that i just discovered that lastnight on me SAFC aswell. Interesting little tool there.

Flat to the floor, 6000rpm was reading about 75% - got pleanty more mods to go till i would need to bother with a larger AFM.

if you are maxing out the stock afm and want to upgrade perhaps its about time you consider a stand alone engine management ecu instead of piggybacking on the stocker. theres a world of great tunability locked into a stand alone ecu that you can't achieve with the safc.

400 load points to tune >_<

I've tuned around 90 of mine and the car feels fantastic and is good on fuel economy too

^ Damn you PowerFC people, i shoulda bought one instead of the SAFC2 >_<

Nah for the moment it should be sweet, does its job fine. I cant really justify spending so much more when i know im gonna be using the stock turbo for a while.

SAFC is good for a basic modded car but not so good for masive mods etc but I have seen a an safc series 1 running larger injectors for a bigger turbo on a VR4 Galant and it didn't do a too bad of job. Got it into the 12's.

So it can be ok but a stand alone power fc is by far a better chioce.

On the SR20 I could only get to about 75% on the stock AFM using the SAFC so you'd think you wouldnt have to upgrade. But the thing is so bloody small (50mm) that an upgrade is warranted anyway.