SAU Community

G C G Ball Bearing High Flow Turbos For R33gtst $1750.

Sydneykid

Following numerous requests I have arranged a Group Buy on GCG Ball Bearing high flow turbos for RB25’s (non Neo) as found in R33GTST (will also fit Stagea S1’s). The kit comes with all the necessary gaskets and seals to fit the high flow turbo in place of your standard turbo. No extra parts to buy or make, just bolt it on.

HiflowedSkylineTurbo_1.jpgHiflowedSkylineTurbo_2.jpg

The price is $1750 including freight, this is a $300+ saving on the normal price.

The process is that you deposit the $1750 into the following account at the time of order;

Account Name Jamex Australia

Bank StGeorge Bank

BSB 332-086

Account No 551029694

PM me the transfer receipt number and we are underway. This is the same company that organised the highly successful Group Buy on the Whiteline and Bilstein suspension.

Jamex will arrange for GCG to build the high flow, which takes 2-3 working days. When the turbo is ready I will PM you and you can then send your standard turbo to Jamex. Once they receive it they will send your high flow to you overnight via Toll Priority. I will PM you the con note number as soon as Jamex issues it that way you can track the delivery on the Toll web site. This means your car will be off the road for 2-3 days max. Ideal if you want to pull your turbo off on Sunday and put the new one on the next Saturday.

We only have a limited number of RB25DET turbos to get high flowed at any one time. So make sure that you PM your receipt number immediately to avoid any delays.

If you can’t afford to be without your car, you can pay a $500 security deposit at the time of order. The GCG Ball Bearing high flow turbo will be sent to you straight away. This means you can remove the old turbo and replace it on the same day. When Jamex receives your standard turbo, the $500 deposit will be refunded to your account.

Please note that this Group Buy is NOT for RB20DET or RB25DET Neo turbos. These cars will be covered in separate Group Buys.

:laugh: cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what condition does ur stock turbo have to be ???

As long as the compressor and turbine covers are OK, it's all good.

The rest pretty much gets chucked anyway

Most of the ones being sent in for high flowing have no ceramic turbine left

:yes: cheers :D

why not for the neo they are the same as 25 turbo except the front weel is black plastic

The Neo turbine cover is different/larger.

GCG can do the high flow no problems, for the same price. But you have to send in your own turbo to get high flowed. Can't do exchange because of the lack of R34GTT turbine covers, Turn around is 3-4 working days, PM me if you want to go ahead and I can arrange. Or if you don't need the handfull of extra kw's (from the Neo turbine cover) you can get a non neo high flow exchanged for yours. They bolt up just the same.

;) cheers :dry:

As long as the compressor and turbine covers are OK, it's all good.

The rest pretty much gets chucked anyway

Most of the ones being sent in for high flowing have no ceramic turbine left

:D cheers :D

kool i just got a blown seal in my turbo will contact you next week further about the highflow

cheers

andrew

I did mine myself at home. It was a bit scary but fine in the end. I think the most difficult part is making sure the bolts holding the oil and water lines line up correctly. You need to mark them beforehand. (Are they called banjo bolts?)

Also I have a blown R33 stock turbo if anyone needs one.

hey guys n gals...if u blow a seal...does that mean the turbo is completely gone unless u get it COMPLETLY rebuilt? or is ther a way of just sticking a new seal or somrthing in? im not sure bouts this stuff.... any idea how much to fix coz i jus blew my previously hi flowed one hahahaha....hi flowing a hiflowed ROFL

hey guys n gals...if u blow a seal...does that mean the turbo is completely gone unless u get it COMPLETLY rebuilt? or is ther a way of just sticking a new seal or somrthing in? im not sure bouts this stuff.... any idea how much to fix coz i jus blew my previously hi flowed one hahahaha....hi flowing a hiflowed ROFL

It depends on what caused the seal to blow ie; they don't just blow for no reason. For example, if it was shaft wear then you need ot replace the worn bits as well as the seal.

:P cheers ;)

just a couple of questions... on the GCG website they state that they "replace the ball bearing pack with a new one"

what sort of bearing pack is used, and is the original center housing replaced completely or not?

i have had skyline ceramic turbos hiflowed before and genuine Garrett GT25 cores are utilised... is this the case? i can only assume not because GCG also states that "no modifications required, using the factory oil and water lines" since the factory lines will not fit a Garrett core.

just a couple of questions... on the GCG website they state that they "replace the ball bearing pack with a new one"

what sort of bearing pack is used, and is the original center housing replaced completely or not?

i have had skyline ceramic turbos hiflowed before and genuine Garrett GT25 cores are utilised... is this the case? i can only assume not because GCG also states that "no modifications required, using the factory oil and water lines" since the factory lines will not fit a Garrett core.

Yep, it's a ball bearing core. I believe that it's a Garrett core made for GCG with exactly the same fitting requirements as the standard turbo. It is a true bolt off / bolt on swap.

:P cheers :)

hmm i see...

replacing the ball bearing pack is not the same as replacing the complete centre housing with a new one... and since the RB25 turbo already has a ball bearing core, exactly what is being performed should be clearly stated. also Garrett isn't the only manufacturer around.

can you please verify exactly what GCG does with this hiflow, and if in fact a genuine Garrett core is being used? i just find it hard to beleive that Garrett is manufacturing a core for GCG specifically for the RB25. I havn't even seen a HKS turbos that are a straight fit the factory oil/water lines...

hmm i see...

replacing the ball bearing pack is not the same as replacing the complete centre housing with a new one... and since the RB25 turbo already has a ball bearing core, exactly what is being performed should be clearly stated. also Garrett isn't the only manufacturer around.

can you please verify exactly what GCG does with this hiflow, and if in fact a genuine Garrett core is being used? i just find it hard to beleive that Garrett is manufacturing a core for GCG specifically for the RB25. I havn't even seen a HKS turbos that are a straight fit the factory oil/water lines...

I don't work for GCG, I really have no idea what they do, I have never asked and they probably wouldn't tell me even if I did ask. Theirs seems to be the most respected of the high flows, there are probably many competitors out their who would like to know what GCG do.

Does it really matter? It's a ball bearing core, obviously very effective, I have never heard of one failing.

It bolts onto everything exactly as the standard turbo does. There must be at least 30 pople on here that have used GCG ball bearing high flows and they all bolted them straight on.

If you look at the dyno results you will find 10 or so guys have posted up their results.

So it fits, it's reliable, it produces the power and it costs $1750.

Sounds like a pretty safe Group Buy to me.

:) cheers :P

PS, if you want t to know more, please give GCG a call on 02 9708 2122.

sorry im not trying to dampen the sale of these turbos... i just thought since you were organising a group buy on them you would have this info or arrange to get it. am i wrong to think some people would want answers to the questions im asking, or is everybody happy knowing only limited information, and basing their purchase on the opinions of satisfied customers.

obviously you have been in direct contact with GCG, so it should be a piece of cake to get a hold of this info. could you also find out specs such as comp/turbine trim sizes and relative A/R sizes? what about supplying a flow map? once again if you dont think this information is useful to anybody, let me know and ill simply find out for myself.