SAU Community

G C G Ball Bearing High Flow Turbos For R33gtst $1750.

Sydneykid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one have Gary’s mobile number? would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Lee

Another PM reply sent. I reply to EVERY single PM, eventually. I get 30 or so PM's every day, so obviously I can't reply instantly to every one.

:P cheers :D

Have they sent me the turbo yet??.....

Tried to send PM but your inbox ful :(

:D:D 5 weeks now with out a car.......

:O Gary.......

please keep me up to date...

thanks

Lee

Hi Lee, sorry that the PM inbox was full, I received more than 100 PM's over the weekend. The turbo for high flowing had a cracked turbine cover. I have been searching for a replacement, success today, one is one its way to GCG.

:( cheers :D

Hi Lee, sorry that the PM inbox was full, I received more than 100 PM's over the weekend. The turbo for high flowing had a cracked turbine cover. I have been searching for a replacement, success today, one is one its way to GCG.

:P cheers :)

SWEET AS!!

thanks for the update Gary...

When do you plan a NEO GP buy?

Do you have any info on the NEO Turbo?

Does it come on boost earlier, later or the same as stock?

Std NEO has nice low down torque & am not real keen on loosing that.

I don't have a Neo turbo to exchange, if you can find me one for a decent price, then I will organise the Group Buy.

The Neo turbo has a larger turbine cover (same compressor) as the RB25DET (non Neo). Hence it is slightly slower to build boost, but it gives around 10 rwkw more max power.

My R34GTT had more power everywhere (idle to redline) with the GCG ball bearing high flow on it than when it was stock standard, That was with 98 ron fuel, using 100 ron fuel would improve that even more because I can add a fair bit more ignition advance.

I tuned an R34GTT with a GT30 last week and improved the 1 bar boost from 4,500 rpm to 3,800 rpm. So, as usual, it comes down to tuning.

:) cheers :O

Thanks for the info, are there any disadvantages with hi-flowing compared to changing turbo outright?

Seems to be some varing opinions on hi-flowing.

The big advantages of a GCG ball bearing high flow;

1. Fits back on exactly as it came off, you don't have to make parts, buy parts or pay for parts. All the necessary gaskets and seals come with the turbo. Pay $1750 and that's it, fit it and tune for it.

2. The result is well known, stick some cams with the high flow, decent FMIC, injectors, fuel pump and 3" exhaust and you will get 265 rwkw if it is tuned correctly

3. More power than standard everywhere, that's from idle to redline. You have to be very good at choosing turbos to duplicate that.

4. Legal, not defects for fitting a high flow, looks exactly the same as a standard turbo.

5. It's a ball bearing water cooled core (not a plain bearing, oil cooled core).

The advantages of an aftermarket (replacement turbo);

1. Any power output you like, trade off response and lag to max power to whatever level you want

2. All price ranges, plain bearing oil cooled turbos are cheaper than high flows

3. Cheap, second hand turbos are always available

4. High mount, external wastegate whatever you want/can afford

5. No guaranteed result, if you choose right you will get a good result, if you choose wrong you won't

As they say horses for courses, if you are after a simple bolt, legal, no more to do solution and your power target is up to 265 rwkw then you can't beat a high flow.

:( cheers :no:

:( PM Sent

EDIT!!

In box full.......

so i'll just post here......

Any Updates Gary!!!

Man... 6 weeks and counting.....

he he he you said a week in orginal post....

hmmm... being patient but 6 weeks is still a very long time......

sorry to keep bugging you but i hope you know what i'm feelin here.

Oh well... Waiting on your reply...

Thanks

LEE

PM Sent, I am sorry for the protracted delay. There are 2 turbos in the exchange program, one hasn’t come back for 6 weeks. The guy hasn’t removed the exchange turbo from the car yet and he already has the high flow. This has taken one turbo out of the rotation.

Unfortunately the other turbo that came back on exchange had a problem. It had a cracked turbine cover and I have been searching for a replacement for 4 weeks. I finally found one yesterday and GCG did the machining last night. So Jamex will be sending it out to you tomorrow, it will go Priority, so you should get it Friday.

Once again I apologise for the delay.

:D cheers :)

Any luck with finding an r34 turbo to start the next group buy SK???

I have done a couple of high flow R34GTT turbos for guys, there is one at GCG right now as it happens. But they have supplied the turbo for high flowing. When I find one I will start a new Group Buy as I have done for the R32GTST high flows.

:blink: cheers :D