SAU Community

How Often Are Skylines Stolen?

The fact is though, when you buy immobilisers, alarms etc etc for your car your only buying yourself some time. These are just deterents. The more money you spend on your immobiliser/alarm and set up the more time it takes the thief to figure it out and steal.

So if its just a opportunistic thief he'll probably be deterred after he finds out the car can't be started easily or if the alarm goes off and doesn't want the attention.

But if the thief is prepared or has planned the take and is willing to take the time to figure out what it takes to steal your car, then there's probably not much you can do.

Remember if someone really wants your car they're going to take it. There is no such thing as making your car unstealable.

Aarms/immobilisers just make it harder and longer for them to take.

In my opinion I fully recommend getting an alarm and immobiliser fitted.

Make sure it is done properly and the person/business doing it isn't doing it on the dodge.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by KeyMakeR33

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember a while ago there were some thieves who managed to disable the OEM 2 point immobiliser in S15s quite simply.

Would have paid to have had an aftermarket alarm or a custom kill switch, given the ease in which it was done.

Oh, and PM sent Stan. :)

Reroute the exhaust pipe into the cabin when you leave the car :) Sure, your car will crash, but you'll have the comforting knowledge that a car thief burned to death inside it :dry:

haha but seriously you can get jail time for doing that... one guy boobytrapped his car radio (in the us or britain, i think) and some dude tries to steal it... and he ends up with 3 inches of steel through his hands. however the guy who did it ended up going to jail for a few months, "intent to injure" or something like that.

Can someone please PM me the theory behind a kill switch, don't need to know where you have it etc, just need to know what it does.

I don't quite get how you can have a switch that disables everything when the components are still there.

I won't bother PMing this because anyone reading this who steals cars would know all about kill-switches.

The basic idea behind a kill switch is to have a switch hooked up which will stop a vital component of the car functioning. If you hook up something like the Earth for your battery to a switch, if you turn that switch off, you can't start the car, because the circuit is not complete, therefore no power goes anywhere.

I think I might be getting a few extra bits and pieces added to my car at least make it harder for someone to knock off.

I have a quik trak system installed in my baby.

They are far better then any alarm. If your car gets stolen you receive a phone call from the company with in a minute. They then send out the police or a security company to intercept your car...

If you want any more information check out there web site...

http://www.quiktrak.com.au/

Edited by Zardos

i wanted to buy one of those steering wheel locks form the US, the ones that have a constant electric current goin through it. sadly, they stopped making them :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about few things I might be able to do to make my car more secure, I think I might put on a couple of kill switches separate to the alarm, and an internal siren might make some difference.

Or, I reckon one of these could be the go.

post-27958-1151368422.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have a (car watch) sys by QUICK TRAK installed plus i take out a few fuses, also x? kill switches in mine....

and on top of that ive told my neighbours across the road if they spot a person/person's that isnt me near my car and catch them trying to to get in, and grab them ill give them $1000 per head, if they are convicted of the crime.

i now get atleast 5hrs sleep at night now lol.

My m8 is trying to work out how to disguise his cow prodder as a club lock hehe

ill post the fin product when he is done.

Edited by Borgs

My R is parked in a locked garage 95% of the time. Also $500 alarm system. If its parked outside its parked close the house and faces a tree in the centre so its a little 3point to get it out if theres another car in the way.

I wouldn't mind a QUIK TRAK system. I think there was a WRX on one of the first High Octanes that had that Datadot (or similar) system, sound the biznez!

Heh, funny that they post it on boost too... usually shows the kind of skyline drivers they are (no alarms, no imob, no security).

I have stuff in my car, and it's never far from me. I also live in whoop whoop with animals and stuff. I am still paranoid about it getting stolen... Because it's my daily it's hard to goto the movies =\

Sitting there then all of a sudden... my car is letting me know there is a issue... out the movie I go and check the car. Yes it's insured, but I'd rather not have the issue in the first place.

Skyline > Movie... though... sex with hot chick... Nah! Skyline > hottie

I have been on call-out's before to get cars going with aftermarket immobilisers, and all I can say is that most times it took 5-10mins to locate the aftermarket wiring, either rejoin or put power into those circuits that were immobilised and get the car running.

Takes longer to lock the car up in our workshop overnight.

Cheers

Sumo