SAU Community

Apexi Power Fc Djetro R34 Gtr

Hi,

I just swapped a RB26DETT (R34 engine) into a R34 20GT. I adapted the engine harness to fit with the car and the new engine. Everything seem to be fine according to the commander of the Power Fc but the car starts and then shut down by itself. I am running a Power FC Djetro and the two MAP sensors are connected to the same average pressure line next to the fuel rail. In the instruction manual it tells me to connect one MAP sensor to the 3rd cylinder and the other one to the 4th cylinder. The big problem is that I have to remove the whole intake in order to drill in the throttle. Can you tell me if my problem (engine shutting down) is related to the bad MAP sensors installation or related to something else

Thank you

Niko

ETC

SENSOR SW / CHECK

what items are black?

do you have the boost kit turned on or off? (are u using it)

have you preformed the self idle learn procedure?

is this a new powerfc install ?

if it still fails to idle and nothing in SENSOR SW check is black.

does each of the PIMs have voltage?

try doing ETC, DATA INIT, YES

powering car off

and then starting the car and letting it idle

does it idle then ?

Thank you for your tips. My electronic guy is telling me that their is no pulse for the injectors. Well Their is for the initial startup but then the pulse disappears and theirfore the engine stale.

Okay, We check everything! With a electric drill we were spinning the cam angle sensor so we could see everything. We putted a probe to see the signal into the cam angle sensor (and it work perfectly), the fuel pump is working fine, the spark plugs are firing, everything is working fine, except... The only problem that we realised is that the injectors are only working when the car is cranking. Their is a injector signal when cranking (cold "something") but after the ECU stop sending signals. So we opened and physically check inside the ECU and faked a signal all the way through the injectors (and they were opening!). Now the only issue is the ECU. For someone reason the ECU stops sending injector signals after the start up. We have tried we a used PowerFC nonDjetro and a new PowerFC Djetro. Both of them is giving us the same reaction.

Something strange also happened. Before getting the Djetro, my friend from Japan sent me a used PowerFC nonDjetro BNR34 so I could start the engine before getting the Djetro. So we connected the PowerFc nonDjetro and we faked a MAF signal (because I had no MAFs) and the car started and was running (running like shit but it was running). After a few weeks, I received the Djetro and since then it always did the same problem (starting and then stalling)

Can you tell me if it s a common problem with the PowerFc or something else?!

P.S In the instruction manual it say that we have to connect one MAP sensor to the 3rd cylinder (throttle) and the other one to the 4th. Instead of doing this, we connected the 2 MAPs sensors to the same average vacuum line next to the fuel rail. Could this confuse the ECU for getting the same pressure reading?!

MAP sensor placement will have little or nothing to do with the problems you're describing. Plenty of people have the sensors located where you do without drama.

Adrian

• 2 years later...