SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Called Famous today, they wont insure any one who has had a THEFT. Even though no CLAIM was made.

They wont be insuring me again.

That kinda sucks. Did they find out through independant means that you had had a car stolen? Or did they ask you and you just answered yes. I'm wondering that even if you had a car stolen and you said you hadn't, how would they find out?

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of your thought about getting your parents, to cover the car under their name.

My father got quoted when we inquired about a 300zx twin turbo with 10k insurance for around $500 from HBF. This includes a no claim bonus and having my name on the policy as a driver. I’m 22 with a speeding conviction and an at fault accident.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got insurance with Just Cars on my R32 and they've been fine to me. I had a small prang and there were no dramas. In this whole post, everyone talks about the cost of insurance.... Hello! what do you get insurance for? TO COVER YOUR CAR IF YOU STACK IT OR IT GETS KNOCKED OFF!! I'm a true Skyline enthusiast and have learnt that as you get older, you start to shop for insurance price and poilicy. I no longer compare prices only. If you give a S*#t about your ride, you'd wana cover it right. If you don't give a S*#t about it, then sell it to someone that will.

I've learnt that if your gonna shop on price only, your gonna get what you pay for. Its kind of obvious that if your young (P-plates or just over) your gonna fork out a lot more bling to get your ride covered. Its just the way it works.

Every companies got their pro's n cons, but your best off going with the company that understands & knows your car (so that they can fix it properly if you stack it) and your needs. I agree that there can be large price variations between copmpanies, but they've got their reasons for charging their prices. At the end of the day, its your choice of who you insure your prized possesion with.

I gave Robin @ Famous a call this morning, she said she can't get me signed up right now but when I said I would need it (about 3-4weeks away) she said there wouldn't be a problem. I called unique but they don't do under 21's, and when I told her about this she was sort of suprised. Because I don't have the car yet for a quote, she said she could put me in the ballpark.

I said what car etc, and she said probably around 3k. She asked if I had any other quotes, and I told her my quote from JCI ($2,600). She then said, "give me a call when you have it & I'll see if we can beat that." Obviously they try to get the most they can, but I am just looking for the best cover ie if some numbnuts is a commondore hits me I want to choose where it's fixed, not them.

She also said for monthly payments (which would be so much better) it is about an extra 10% over a year, but even if it costs me an few extra hundred it might be better off than one lump sum to Just Cars.

If anyone can give me contact numbers of insurance agencies that insure U-21's with modified turbos let me know. Cheers. I have already tried Just Cars, Famous & Unique Car.

I just insured my R33 skyline with Just cars for 3250. This is a GTS-t with Suspension mods, front mount, air filter, exhaust, mags, turbo time, boost controller, boost gauge, blow off valve. Im 18 and have had 1 at fault and 1 speeding fine. Excess is around 1500 if i damage the mags as well, if not its 1100.

I thought this was great so I signed up straight away, you get your choice of repairer and they search for your money if some bogan hits you

Thumbs up Just Cars ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

after haven my skyline for about 3 months i decided it was time to take out full comp insurance, n after famous being recommended by everyone and thier mums i filled out the form on the internet. however after not hearing back from famous for a couple of weeks i gave them a call and was informed that they were not allowed to insure any more cars for a certain amount of time as they went over thier underwriting limit or sumthing of that sort.

so after calling them back again today i was told that they can again take on new coverage, however on informing them that i have jst installed a new stereo, wrth bout 6.5k, they can no longer offer me insurance.

now was i silly for informing them bout the stereo??? does any one know a way around this as famous is still probably the cheapest and thier pay by the month option is sumthing i need, or alternitivley can any body recommend a company or a broker worth using??

thanks for any help.

Lil krillin (nut.532)

• 4 weeks later...

mmm well i am either about to get a R34 or R33 Series 2 and i got quoted 970 with Just Cars and Suncorp 1190 with wheels tyres exhaust POD mmm duno who i am going with i only just made it with suncorp they dont touch anyone under 25

Well my car was insured with Famous in subiaco i was 19 at the time and it was a heavily modified GTS-t worth $30,000 and it cost me $3,500 and they are the only ones in w.a who would even look at me, i was pretty stoked and i only had it insured for 9 months then cancelled due to loss of licence, i got $1000 back so yeh not bad.

Hey Guys,

I've never had insurance before and I am 23 with an r32 GTR.

Famous where really nice to talk to over the phone but could not quote me a premium less than about $3k.

Just Cars gave me an automatic rating 1 because I have been driving for more than 5 years, and came in at $1475, and for an extra $35 I can get rating 1 protection.

Famous are probably a good option i've you have been driving for less than 5 years, because last year Just Cars where asking for a premium of $3,700 for the same car.

Moral of the story? Drive cars that cost less than $15k or are cheap to insure until you've been driving for more than 5 years. :(

Hello everyone. I am looking at purchasing an R32 GTS-T coupe or an R33 GTS-T sedan shortly. I am 20 and the car will be registered in my father's name for insurance purposes. I will be listed as an additional driver. Could anyone please recommend me a company that will suit my needs?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide!

Have a look at:

http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/ <--there online quoting system is great.

http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/ <--online is great if u know the car's VIN and stuff.

http://www.youngandcool.com.au/ <--very restrictive.

http://www.shannons.com.au <--more for weekend drivers.

I used justcar quoting system, Im planning to buy a R33. 40%NCB/Rating of 3. Im 21 with 2 year comprehensive driving insurance. Justcars quoted me: $2,532, with the full value of the R33 insurured. Just need to go check out that R33 then buy it.

Also gotta add a alarm system to get the theft protection.

"The following item(s) must be fitted to your car for your car to be covered in the event of theft or attempted theft: AUST. STD. 2 POINT IMMOBILISER"

Hey

Im in perth, but being 18 famous wouldnt insure me! is there any other younger people that could get insurance thro them?

The only people that would insure me is just car.

Hey

Im in perth, but being 18 famous wouldnt insure me! is there any other younger people that could get insurance thro them?

The only people that would insure me is just car.

I'm only 19 but they still gave me a quote on a 33, but I got a lower one from Just Cars so I will go with them once I have my car. Only found 2 reasonable quotes, so it's very hard for young people to get competitive insurance.

I'm only 19 but they still gave me a quote on a 33, but I got a lower one from Just Cars so I will go with them once I have my car. Only found 2 reasonable quotes, so it's very hard for young people to get competitive insurance.

Very easy for young people to get the money to buy the cars in the first place though. What do you need insurance for?

Very easy for young people to get the money to buy the cars in the first place though. What do you need insurance for?

Maybe to insure the property that they might crash into? Its easy to buy another car for yourself in the event of a crash, but its more towards the car you crash into especially if the other person's car is a prestige car and your at fault.

On the insurance note, I have just successfully obtained another full comp.insurance through JustCars again and they are still really good with annual premium The excess is where it still hurts the most tho if an accident/theft occurs, ah well..