SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rang Shannons today for a quote on my r34, they won't even give me a price because I'm not enthausiastic enough.

Girl was like you don't race and you haven't modified anything, come back in 12 months when you care about your car.

It's still on the boat so of course it has no mods yet :)

Just cars willing to give me $929 a year. With a $1300 excess if I crash and $1000 if it's stolen.

Thats $25k insured and 23 with no previous accident/criminal history.

^^ I'd be pretty insulted by that.. if you weren't an enthusiast you wouldn't be buying a Skyline would you..

Where abouts do you live btw daniel.. i'm guessing it's not sydney with that quote

Edited by Links

Im glad noone here has had the same experance with Famous Insurance that i have.

Lets begin the story...

Frist of all im 20 living in sydney driving a 1990 GTR.

- On the 5/08/2005 called Robyn Clements got a quote for $3500 + 10% for pay by the month. This was cheeper than just car so i went for it.

- Robyn took my account number over the phone to direct debit my account. ( Would have given her someones account number that i hated if i knew what was going to happen next)

- 8/08/2005 My account is debited $770 with no authority. I had filled out no direct debit form and i hadent read or recieved the policy yet.

- 10/08/2005 I acctually recieve the pollicy and read the fine print. ( bullshit like , In the event of a single vehicle accident a report must be made to the police and a blood or brethtest or alcohol must be conducted with in 2 hours.)

- That night i call just car and get a quote for $2900, with a better pollicy and excess.

- Then i realise that they have already debited my acount, so according to them they need it in writting.

-11/08/2005 I send an express post letter cancelling my pollicy....

-12/08/2005 I call and they have recieved the letter and robyn tells me it will be cancled straight away.

- I then call and check every day and each time they assure me its going to be cancled and my money returned.

- 25/08/2005 $385 is debited from my account.... WTF. I call and the pollicy still hasent been closed.

- I then spend the next week trying to speek to the guy thats incharge of cancelations. After being put on hold for 30min on mre than one occasion and being hung up on and told his on lunch (for over 2 hours) i finally speek to him. He was extreamly rude and tells me it will be done.

- Now its september and still nothing. I manage to call and get onto the boss Jerry or whatever his hame is. Finally he writes me a check and its all solved.

-I get the check for $326.04.... after fees thats what was left of the 770, no sign of the 385 that was taken a month later.

Im currently fighting a legal battle to get my money back as they never should have taken anymoney from my acount and the contract should have never even started.

Famous are unprofessional and semingly commit fruad on a daily basis, I can't recomend more that you stay away from them. I sure as hell wont ever have anything to do with them ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

i need help. 17 year old red p living in sydney with spotless driving record. looking into buying a 1998 series 2 mspec r33 and need reliable but cheap insurance. just cars quoted me 3.5k and i think thats a little absurb seeing as how in 4 years i can buy another car. is anyone in here in the same situation as i am and could offer some advice (<---that was really fobby). would be much appreciated. thanks

Hey guys im 20 and live in Perth and want to know who else insures 20 year olds. Here are the ones I've called so far Shannons, RAC, Just Car and Famous. Just car and and Famous are the only ones I know of who insure 20 year olds. Can anyone give me a list of other insurance companies i can try? This would be greatly appreciated.

Just got off the phone to Just Cars:

20y/o

1993 R33 GTS25t

Minimal mods(rear cannon, $800 stereo,etc...)

Remote start immobilizer

DBA 5000 series rotors

2 speeding tickets

Just wrote off a bike

Window tint

Been licenced 2 years

Agreed value $17,500

Rating 4 (30% discount)

Anyway, FULL COMP: $1691 premium, $1100 excess for fire/theft and missus driving, $1500 if i crash it at fault and free if i show the bastard who crashed into it!

Can't get much better than that!!!

Once upon a time:

Its time for me to renew my insurance

im 24 with maximum NCB i live in a high "risk suburb" (SYDNEY),

r33 GTS T s2 -

Mods/extras

*Exhaust

*Cooler

*sound system

* Mags

*Pod Filter and a few little extra's

Quotes:

Just cars:

Agreed value $22,400

Premium $1635

excess $2000

Famous

Agreed value $24000

excess $2000

Premium $1730

now the agreed value is around $1600 more then just cars. I have rang just cars and advise of mods but they cant put the value higher.

i think for that extra $1600 its not worth the risk, i am very happy with the service just cars provide all the time very professional which is completely different to famous. Getting a quote took me so long and i still have not heard anything from them since i have applied online to get a exact figure. (Account details were not provided). I think there’s only one person at famous dealing with customers enquires and if they are on lunch or on call you have to wait i left details but they didn’t get back to me. And reading about all these little minor disclaimers with famous i think ill just renew with just cars.

Conclusion: Dont just change insurance companies because the other is cheaper. Investigate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i just rang up just cars and got quoted on a R32 GTR 1994 model, I'm 18 in 2 days and with a 30% NCB (Parents are insured with AAMI), no previous insurance, no accident hist.

Premium while i am 17 is: $4300 (20% NCB)

once i turn 18 it is only $3756 (30% NCB) (IM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:(:D)

Excess: $2000

Agreed Value $22,500 ;)

Ahhh Just Cars is the way to go i havn't got a quote from any other companies because the fact that soo many people are having problems with them, some people are only complaining about Just Cars because of the price, they have not had any bad feedback on them have they!?!?

Make a smart choice, make the right choice, just go, Just Cars ;)

i doubt u will find too many others that will insure u with a grey import. for people in your position or similiar, Just Cars are the only choice. Modify it and try and insure it for $50K, i doubt they will be able to help you there.

Different insurance companies cater to different needs....