Guest top_secret

im in sydney which is rediculously expensive

famous quoted $2300 for a $20000 r32 1992 gts4 which is ok

but

they quoted $3600 for $35000 1993 r32 gtr which is awesome

suncorp wanted $7k

nrma wanted $5k but wouldnt insure anyway

just cars wanted $5k for a gtst !

im 25 , in sydney , rating 1 protected , no at fault claims/accidents , 3 speeding fines 5 points off .

They said the quote will be even less next year when a couple of points go back on my license and I am 26 .

Im pretty stoked first time I can look at a gtr !

Was it confirmed that Response will no longer insure import vehicles, last time I rang (a couple of months ago) there was no issue with insuring imports and they quoted competitivly.

I will ring them myself next week - and give a cofirmation (if one doesn't appear before then)

By the way everyone - I just rang Response again, they DO still insure imported cars - but they have changed underwriters. They quote has jumped from $1040, to $1480. So obviously this new underwriter is not as generous...

But they defintely do imported cars.

The excess of a flat $750 is still the same though.

I'll check with Famous and Just Cars and see what they are currently doing.

I'm just spewing I didn't jump at the $1040 policy a month ago....seems that decision will cost me over $400.

Could have put that money to much better use...

Ah well, you snooze you lose.

Guest BOO200

is an S15 that difficult to insure comapred with imports??

i'm turning 22 next month... full exhaust/bov/puter/boost controller.

i think i will try famous, they should insure me right? for anything under 3500?

Just for some more Info..

Just Cars wanted to charge me $5700.oo for my R33.. Famous said $3200 .... with a $2000 age excess.. BUT, pay by the month ....sweet as :rofl:

I'll be going to them very shortly ;)

Plus I like how they think...

They have a Standard excess, and a different type of excess is a "If you hit a tree" excess.. I think thats awesome :P

Oh Yes.. Anyone In Victoria, can meantion my car club to recieve a discount as I'd worked something out with them.. as I'm the President and all :P

talk to Robyn and meantion the 'Nissan-Mitsubishi Car Club' ...she said she'd handle all quotes for my club personally..

I rang suuncorp/metway about 2 months ago and they quoted me about $980 a year with $1000 excess and no one under 25 aloud to drive, but I didn't get my car until last week so when I rang them up again I was waiting for a big difference in price but I ended up getting comprehensive cover also with a windscreen a year for $1047 still no one under 25 aloud to drive it and it's $1000 excess. I'm a rating 3.

They didn't care about a couple of speeding tickets and I also asked them about mods and I got told as long as I inform them of the mods it's all fine and there not illegal mods. He said they only really worry about the mods if your under 25.

I'm suprised you got insured with Suncorp craz0....

I rang them asking for insurance for an R32 GTSt and they said they would not insure this model at all.

Maybe they are happy to do 33's though.

I'm >28, rating 1, no mods, no speeding tickets, flawless driving record.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ppls

I was wondering about famous' policy cos I read on their site that they do not insure cars parked at shopping centres and train stations, but when I read the actual policy booklet, there is no mention about any kind of parking restrictions (other than that they wont insure the car if it is parked within 500m of your home of residence overnight).

Excuse my stupidity and all that, but I was wondering which should I believe? I reckon if it aint in the policy book, it is fine.

I think the site is a little ambiguous. The policy actually states that it does not cover your car if you park it on the street within 500m of your home, or in any public car park (ie shopping centres, train stations, paddocks, etc) between the hours of 11pm and 8am. I actually like this rule, because it keeps them from having to pay out on idiots leaving their cars parked anywhere thinking "she'll be right, insurance will cover it if it gets stolen" and thus keeps premiums lower.

JimX. Thats exactly what I interpreted that to be as well. I also agree with the sensibility of that clause too if you look at it that way. Cool, at least I can leave my car at the shopping centre during the day to get groceries now knowing that my car is insured haha. :D