SAU Community

Turbo Upgrade

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 3lit3 32 is just quoting the price, to show that $2100, Bigg d paid, was not really a good "trade price".

Don't think 3lit3 32 was pushing for a sale........................... well, not for this turbo :wave:

yeah i think i might sell the turbo and put a power fc in. at the moment, when i turn up the boost the skyline isnt handling it. i set it at 11 psi and it jolts and splatters right up until 5000rpm then it takes off smoothly and well. its kinda like theres something delaying the boost until 5000rpm and then it throws it all at it at once. either that or i think the boost may be venting somewhere. the BOV isnt working either, i can hear the pressure shooting through the air pod. ever heard of something like this before????

Dude..

You are getting so far ahead of yourself it’s not funny.

Stop, take a breath and do some searches on these forums.

Firstly, you have an essentially stock car.

So you really should go through the stages of modifications to make sure all is well and you don’t end up lunching an rb25.

Now.

What mods to do first…

Save you some searching time as it gets a little cluttered here..

And I feel sorry for you a little cause you seem to have come across someone who has now obviously ripped you off and gave you bad advice.

Start here..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=45218

Just like with everything in life, you need to have a goal.

We seem to have found that out now.

You want a “quick street car”

I agree with NIZMOID that a quick street car is up to about 250rwkw…

Achievable, streetable and most likely reliable.

See if you can get your money back for that turbo.

If you can great.

If not, sell it on these forums to someone who can make some use of it.

If you want to know what mods will net you about 250rwkw, have a look at the rb25 dyno thread and see what mods people have and what power they make..

Here.. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=55845

This should be a good starting point for you.

Then continue on here..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=66556

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

i went back to the place i bought it from and surprisingly enough theyve gone backrupt and can only get a credit back on the turbo which is no good to them because theyre selling everything. now i need your guys help to sell it. can someone help me? ive lost quiet abit of money now cos i paid over $2000 for it and have no idea how much i could sell it for.. help anyone?????????????????

its a garrett 3582R or sumthing along those lines. it isnt a 3540 i know that for sure.

Sorry, sounds like it's what is commonly called a 3540 anyway. Garrett GT3582R is a GT35 with a 0.82 rear IIRC?!?!?

Sell it soon and get a highflow.

Adrian

might be interested in swapping it for a highflow + some cash, ill do some figures and work it out for you, see if its worthwhile.

yeah im all for selling it because i cant afford all the things i need to back it up.. can anyone help me sell it?

sell your monstor turbo

buy this http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/26

than buy a 040 fuel pump

than buy a Z32 AFM

than buy a decent boost controller

you can easily get the gtrs tuned safely to around 250rwkw without to much to worry about and if you wish to push it further.. add a set of pon cams and up the boost

Im with you on this one either the

HKS PROS

HKS 2535

highflo standard

wouldnt bother with a 700hp turbo on a RB25 'lag city' and without forged internals you are not going to get the full potential out of it .

is a 3582R the same turbo as a 35/40 with a .82 rear housing?

Exactly the same mate.

The 3582r is the same as a gt3540 with a .82 rear housing - hence the 82 on the end.

Anyway ive got a GT3540 and i put it on my r33 thinking it was simple. How wrong was i.

I ended up having to purchase all this extra stuff.

Exhaust manifold

Inlet Plenum

Intercooler and pipes

Injectors

Oil and Water lines (went to braided items)

Megga expensive. If i could go back to where you are now I would and I would get a nice bolt on hks turbo kept my old setup and drive away in no time at all.

Instead i had to have the car off the road for 7 months while i saved and purchased all the extra items. But now that its all over - I got a 3 litre btw - I have a setup that if tuned properly i could bag way over 300rwkw.

But atm im sitting on 260rwkw and very happy on the street. My lag is not very huge because i have a 3 litre.. i get full boost 16psi by about 3300rpm which is damn nice on the street.

Try one of them kkr turbo's or something.. cheap and easy and get nice power.

good luck with it.