SAU Community

My Car Got Broken Into!

kaige

Hey guys, Sunday night i left my R31 coupe outside the girls place at clayfield. come down to goto work and eveything was a mess, seats down and ash tray open. They took over 1500 with of all my tools for work, amp, speakers, sunnies ect...

Just want to remind everyone after it having happend to me and being told by the cops how often this does happen in brisbane to not leave any stuff in the car overnight. If they dont get caught in the act there's bugger all chance they will be caught.

Has anyone else had any problems with theft recently?

Cheers, Kev

not recently..

but i live very close to clayfield..

i had my last car stolen at toombul shopping centre.. took them 10 mins.. and its never been seen again.. its been 1 year now..

sorry about the bad luck man.. really i am.. look on the bright side of things.. Consider yourself lucky u still got some wheels though ;-)

I had our car broken into while I was less than 50 metres away at football training on Shaw Road at Kedron. Very busy road and the window was broken on the road side!! someone must have seen it but we seem to be blind to anything else going on these days. My wife's ID for her work was found on the only road leading to our estate. Seems they found our address and keys and were digging through her purse on the way to break into our house!! Big Dog is a good deterrant!!

This is why I cover everything up if I have to leave it. Move stuff to the boot etc. Seats back. Really if they cant see anything they will move on to the next car. Its too much of a risk for them to go digging for something that isnt there.

And with what Dave said. NEVER leave anything in the car to say where you live, and NEVER leave anything so they can start the car or get in to your work or house.

Some insurance companys will only cover a break in if its just that. If they BROKE in.

Hard luck tho dude.