SAU Community

Power Road Car Sales

Freddy Kruger

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't there some sort of 3 month warranty regardless with a registered car dealer?

yes there is..

i bought my first car from them.. one of the shocks were knocking, i took it back they replaced it with no questions and it was fine..

its not three months, its 30 days, as long as the roady...

Buyer beware, i recently purcahsed a car from Power Rd car sales, asked alot of questions and upon arriving to Melbourne (flew from sydney) they did pick me up frm airport but we over an hr late, i noticed the car was not as described, in worse condition, and was concerned when i walked into the office and noticed car parts everywhere and cars being built and stripped in the back....

In regards to the car i had bought i cut my losses and didnt want to loose my deposit so purchased anyway, but as my mechanic in sydney said theres no way it would have passed a RWC or any inspection.....

bushes and suspension were well worn, with lower control bushes broken....

Car wouldnt start in park,

sun damaged, leather ripped and scratches on bumpers etc, and the car was descibed to me as immaculate....

also oil didnt look fresh and after driving half way back to sydney it overheated......

There was water in radiator no coolant, (I was told it was jst serviced) to pass RWC

exhaust leak,

cd player jammed and wouldnt work

rear suspension leaking

and the car absolutely stunk, as it was heavily smoked in, i also asked this before i put a deposit on it, and was lied to.....

i said i spent a fair bit on gettin this car up to scratch, and getting these things fix, all in all for the extra money i had to spend, i could have got a really clean example here in sydney and saved alot of time and money...and farking around.....

I don't get why you went all the way from Sydney to Melbourne to pick up a car? How much could you have saved doing that? Seems like you took a gamble to save some $$ and it didn't work out, but I just don't see why you took that risk in the first place? What car was it?

You should have got an independent mechanic to check it over if you were not confident enough to know what to look for in the car, and they would have told you to walk away before you paid the rest of the money (or a deposit). There is no sense in throwing good money after bad money. This is the definition of "cutting your losses", not burning more money on what you thought was a risky investment. By the way, why did you put a deposit down on a car without inspecting it first?

Also, certain things will pass a RWC in NSW vs. Vic, eg. VIN has to be stamped on the chassis in Vic to pass RWC. You should research before making a big investment and find out what needs to be done. I'm not trying to be rude, but before I bought the V36 from Sydney (and drove it back to Melbourne the next day), I researched EVERYTHING about the car, procedures to get it registered, unregistered vehicle permits, etc all before I bought the car. Also had a mechanic AND a mate look over the car with me and we all thought it was worth it - I only put down a deposit on the car once I inspected it first! Also had them throw in a 1-year warranty plus roadside assistance on the car.

Either way, you should have never parted with more money after you put down the deposit anyway. No-one forced you to buy the car, you paid the deposit, then continued with the sale process and purchased the car even though you had doubts. You had multiple opportunities to bail out before it became a major problem, you are only to blame for your actions. Lesson learned I hope?

re travel, me and my friends have done 3-4 trips to NSW to pic cars up for vic, we use a specific dealer there and every car has bee better than described, (plus well priced)

plus it means the day we pick it up we get to do an awesome road trip!!!

this one didn't pay off but I understand the logic.

and and def agree with he inspection we had state roads go over the car prior to pick up to confirm what the car was like.

Yep, thats pretty much it! I didnt mind the road trip, i searched for what i wanted and it happend to be in Melbourne, doesnt bother me ive travelled interstate before to buy a car.....

This was the colour i wanted int colour i wanted, and went over the car myself and was aware of the problems, jst wasnt happy they basically lied about everything....

I had planned accom and a trip along the great ocean rd, so i was between a rock and a hard place....guess i could have hired a car but i bit the bullet anyway.

I weighed up my options, i did get the car cheap, and knowing i was building it anyways didnt bother me

Alot was easy fixes.....

I had every intention of installing coilovers and rims (installed and replaced worn bushes as well)

installing a new sound system (the stock bose 1 we all know is rubbish and is notorious for jamming and error codes)

upgrading exhaust

i got rid of the mats, changed air con filters and deoderised car to get rid of cigarette smell

and got bumpers resprayed , and int trimmed.....(luckily i have alot of mates in the industry that helped with everything i needed, but this is another reason why i did purchase the car)

im not lookin for sympathy here, i Purchased the car knowing this,

This was jst a warning to the rest of the community, to be careful when buying a used car.....and that these guys were not the most trustworthy i had come across....

I also did try to get a mate in Mel to look at the car and inspect it but he was out of the country.