SAU Community

Went For A Run Last Nite

ax53b70p25

redgtst and me went for a run last night through balhannah, hahndorf greenhill rd and gorge rd.. LOVELY

nice and cold lots of g forces and no piggies.now i need new tyres..... doh s03's bridgestone 18/265/35 $549 each ouch.......

redgtst and me went for a run last night through balhannah, hahndorf greenhill rd and gorge rd.. LOVELY

nice and cold lots of g forces and no piggies.now i need new tyres..... doh s03's bridgestone 18/265/35 $549 each ouch.......

nice.

have you tried the Hankook Ventus K104 's before? they are pretty grippy, and not $550 each!!

nice.

have you tried the Hankook Ventus K104 's before? they are pretty grippy, and not $550 each!!

ALL other brands apart from bridgestone and yokohama are SHITE pirelli sux,michelin sux, hankook sux,toyo sux, khumo sux

you only get what you pay for.

when you have 300rwkw RUBBER AINT RUBBER

ALL other brands apart from bridgestone and yokohama are SHITE pirelli sux,michelin sux, hankook sux,toyo sux, khumo sux

you only get what you pay for.

when you have 300rwkw RUBBER AINT RUBBER

:)

yeah man, I know - I now see you look at your car like I do at my bike

totally understand and good on ya!

enjoy :P

Well thats a bit shallow other companies do make good tyres. As i beleieve michelin make pretty good f1 tyres. And i'm a huge fan of there motorbike tyres. I like the feel of them and there roll.

Where as my dad likes bridgestone alot.

may i introduce u "R" compound tyre?

s-03<RE-01<RE55s

Those really are the shizzle! We have had a few of our customers change from Michelin Pilot Sport Cups to RE55S's. Cheaper, longer lasting, and better grip on the track :mad:

This one customer bought 12 sets of Michelin's. He paid up front, was pissed because he got charged delivery, fitted a trial set of RE's to see how they compared with the Michelin's, and then had the dilemma of trying to get rid of the Michelin's because he loved the RE's so much! :P

How do the Nitto's hold up?

I believe Whatsisname is still running a set, I remember 555 something on the sidewall.

Last I saw that was able to get a lot of first gear down, what looked like all of second and making close to 300rwkw.

I had brigdestone potenza's on my gtr which has just shy of 300 rwk's and got less than 5,000km out of them. Now at $350 a trye, I thought they were s__t. :D

Now a mate at Affordable Wheels and Tyres told me to try the Hankook K102 tyres . They stick better in all weather and last 3 to 4 times longer. Now at $145 a tyre you tell me Price matters

By the way my tyre size is 225 50R16 92V

Thats my thought's anyway :ermm:

Edited by savage GTR

hrmm.. I may look at these Hankook tyres as its the size and price range I am looking at.

I was set on a set of Toyo Tranpaths as a mate had them on his VL and they hooked up pretty well, apparently a silicon based compound tyre.

Great tyre But needs a good burnout to warm them up.

Drive them harder 'round the corners! They'll warm up! If you're looking to launch from a standing start, then circuit tyres aren't for you. Buy some Nitto's and put a dress on :ermm:

I have another on the cards..

A set of Federal SS595, apparently one of the better ones.

I believe Sky30 has tried a whole range of tyres on his rb30det 300rwkw rwd thing. These apparently came out on top for grip and were suprisingly cheap.

As cubes said, i have tried a few brands of tyres with my 300rwkw rb30det including Hankook, Toyo, perelli, and found the Federals to definately give the best grip, and last just as long as the others.

You only have to look at Theo Woollett's GTR that runs

9 second 1/4 miles on a set of Federals.

(And they are cheap at $160 for 225/45/17")

Yer ive decided to give these federals a go on the rear. For now im sticking with some intermediates on the front. Until i hit the track im only worried about the rears spinning.

Should be intrersting to see how the 4wd goes with the motor, eh Andrew :P

Where did you grab your Federals from Andrew?

haha, prorbably from one of the locals up there near pt pirie who happens to spend a bit too much time near the petty station, hehe! :wave: