SAU Community

The New Car With Pics

saff_cossie

Hi all

Well it has been a long time coming but I finally have something. Purchased an Evo 7 and collected it today so have only just got in from being out in it.

I am very happy with it and the refined performance is awesome.

Few people to thank though. The dealership I got it from were really good and I am recommending them to anyone considering purchasing an import. They are Southern Special Vehicles located on the corner of Huntingdale Rd and Princes Hwy in South Oakleigh. Family run business who have a definate focus on customer satisfaction. Guy I dealt largely was Mark. He knows of SAU and has some rex mates so if you do read this mate, thank you :mad:

Ferni, thanks for the GTR advice a few weeks back, much appreciated.

Nigel at Racingline, thanks for showing me ALSGTR and taking the time to advise on this, looking forward to bringing it to you eventually for some bits

Snowy for the advice and suggestions on Evos

James who actually test drove this one and put the idea of a blue 7 in my head and suggest I go and have a look (was chasing a white 6 for a long time).

_800STED or however Matt spells his username! Excellent insurance deal from Shannons and put time in researching cars for me, thanks mate :P

I am sure there are others so thanks also. :dry:

Looking forward to doing some track work and DECA in it.

Few pics:

post-9226-1149930056.jpg

post-9226-1149930025.jpg

post-9226-1149929977.jpg

post-9226-1149929875.jpg

post-9226-1149929907.jpg

post-9226-1149929944.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

Troy - Tried to stick around as long as possible but had to get going mate, sorry. Am calling into your place before Sandown tomorrow anyway so will show you then.

Damn thats nice Alan. Thats the way i'm heading after the WRX....bring on the Yellow 7!!! (i'm about 6-8 months from getting one)

Can you pm the insurance details?? ie. any probs wth Shannons, price and the like :ermm:

Was there any more 7's at that place?

Saw this car in the flesh i think (unless SSV just imported it in for you) - sounded awesome - thought it was marks car, but he said it was part of the stock at SSV. Sounded bloody orgasmic! Congrats on the purchase!! :ermm:

LOL! Thanks for all the feedback guys.

ABuSD - Its an import in via Sydney as SSV dont yet have the compliance. They have a very nice yellow one also which I believe will be there compliance car to be tested. I also dont know a great deal about these cars and look forward to learning more about them.

Dezz - No worries but I will have to learn to drive it first before I scare any passengers if my g/f's reaction was anything to go by! It will now be only my driving keeping me in last place!lol

AGED - Yellow one was there and is very very nice. I am just not a yellow personality I dont think however having a yellow rex, it could be right up your street. BTW - Were you driving along Princes Hwy yesterday around 1.30pm up near the Blackburn Rd turn?

emsta2003 - Yes same car and it was Marks. He was so impressed they are putting the yellow one through for their own compliance certification. BTW - Love the avatar! Was in the UK when that happened and watched the news, bit freaky at the time but funny looking back!

Leewah - No chance of jumping ship! In fact there will be an SAU url going on it today and some other stickers if I can get them from Bec.

Thanks for all the comments guys, am off to Sandown (watching only this time) :ermm:

lol shut up dezz, not everyone quotes fast n furious like u :P

heheh, ive seen ur liberty at deca, will look fwd to seeing ur evo up against the gtr's there too.

Nice looken unit ... goodluck with the car and future modifications, which im sure are already planned :D

Al Car looks great mate.. Cant wait to see it in the flesh and see how it sounds... Never been in an Evo so will be good to see how it goes..

Well done on the Buy you have been looking for ages great to see you have finally got something you wanted :P

Alan

Go overseas again, I want to look after you new car!!!

That's Bluey #3 by my count! Well done mate, awesome purchase! Looking forward to seeing it in person!