SAU Community

R33 Factory Kenwood System?

Just got my r33 series 1.5 sedan gtst manual from japan. Its extremely nice. In awesome condition and done 75000k's. Nothing has been changed in it at all, 100% original. Using the standard tape/radio, i noticed it had cd written on it, later finding there was a 10 cd stacker. When i put a nice cd in and pumped it up, i noticed how incredibly good it sounded for a stock system. I then looked around finding there was tweeters in the a pillars, and in the back was massive kenwood speakers that look quite old, connected to a kenwood amp which is very small and also has nissan written on it, it is bolted on to some frames where the battery is (behind the rear seats). I was asking around and most people think this stereo has to be aftermarket, but because of its beautiful integration, i don't think so. Just wondering if anyone else has/had this. Here are some photos.

So is this factory? option? or aftermarket?

post-27977-1149945648.jpg

post-27977-1149945660.jpg

post-27977-1149945672.jpg

post-27977-1149945683.jpg

post-27977-1149945696.jpg

post-27977-1149945707.jpg

post-27977-1149945719.jpg

Yeathats wat i thought, but the stacker... maybe the old stacker died... was just suprised finding a far better than average stereo aye. Getting it registered on tuesday. well do lotsa driving. ;-)

Did 32's come with premium sound at all, and what did it look like? Mine was aftermarket when it got here.

• 2 months later...

does anyone have a wiring diagram for this factory setup?

as im about to pull my old amp out and remove the stacker and headunit ect...

So it would be very helpful to find a diagram so i can maybe power the new equipment with the old wiring.