SAU Community

Question About Upgrade Afms

Has anyone fitted Q45 airflow meters to a gtr with factory plumbing. Can it be done?

I know Z32s will stretch over the original rubber piping but I don't think Q45s will?

If you know they don't what did you use to get them to fit. I want to keep the original air box look ( it has exstensive modifing underneath) so it all looks standard and legal.

Thanks in advance.

oh, what about the wiring plug ? ( have a PFC so just have to wire up?) any diagrams out there?

:)

stock sort of setup.. go z32's you should be able to get them to bolt up to a stock sort of setup with out to much hassle

q45's really are a BIG afm only time i'd ever go twin q45's would be running a big twin highmount setup..

Edited by rb26s13

or purchase Nismo AFM's.

I would never bother buying a 2nd hand AFM when new is generally only $100 more, and less hassle of a 10yr old AFM playing up

:werd:

Particularly since new Z32's have dropped to almost half the price. They used to be around $800 each new from Nissan.

Used for $300~ or new for $400~ - No brainer really.

Ill be a test mule too i think for Bosch AFM's which im told are the same as Z32 :banana:

$150 new i think the price i was told... but we'll see what happens there

I dont think they are $150 Ash, but if I am wrong I will be sure to buy a few.

I have a feeling the Bosch ones are just over $300 each

I dont think they are $150 Ash, but if I am wrong I will be sure to buy a few.

I have a feeling the Bosch ones are just over $300 each

Hrm... i think mine was special trial price :D

Im not gonna get to that for a few months, and i havent decided 100% if im going to use upgraded AFM's at all.

But the bosch stuff is only a bonus because its in the country already, and i assume some sort of manufacturing warranty etc.

Just dont anyone hold thier breath as its not gonna happen tomorrow :laugh: