SAU Community

Saw F&f-3-tokyo Drift Last Night

Im guessing some of the young male drivers in my area saw the movie as well because there were 3 of them about 3am this morning trying to drift in my street and court.

:whistling:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably old news, but for those of you who like drifting, Initial D is no longer just a manga series. They have brought out an Initial D movie. Its not too bad, and there are a couple of laughs in it. At least it is not americanised (its somewhat believable). Also, not sure which company it is but they are planning to bring out a video game based on Tokyo Drift. Should be interesting.

and who said evo's dont drift, go search for the reviews of the evo test drive on the Top Gear program and they certainly do drift bloody well, they aint no wrx 4wd :yes:

Here's proof.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...90570&q=jun+evo

All in all the movie wasnt too bad.

There were some good one liners at the beginning lol....

"This car has 500hp and does 0 - 60 in about 4.6 Sec", the american accent just kills me....

watched it last night...it was pretty good imo..more substance compared to the last 2 and less rice...or the mention of rice ie neons, subwoofers, NAWS...

The fact tht US drift champion Rhys Millen was responsible for most of the drifting sequences makes it believable...

But whats with the Yank accent??? Is it only me or does anyone else think that he speaks a bit like Forrest Gump?????

A pretty good effort overall from Hollywood....we should just take it for its entertainment value...

The ending was a nice surprise..:yes:

saw movie last night

i reckon it was a mad movie......some of the girls were dam fine

yea after the movie in the carpark everyone was going nuts ripping burnouts and saw an r32 and r33 revving the shit out of their cars...awesome flutter echoing the whole car park

I was a bit dissapointed with the representation of the jap drift scene, a bit too americanised imho, and i didn't like the main character dude one bit. The girls were fantastic though and that Aussie chick is absolutely gorgeous. I guess i got what i expected for an entertainment produced hollywood flick but i kind of did hope they would be a bit more realistic. Tsuchiya is the old guy fishing on the right at the docks. That EVO is RWD btw, still didn't like the fact they used an evo though.

i just got back from the drive-in's where i saw this movie, i went in expecting nothing and came out pretty pleased, i can honestly say i really liked it, the black 350z was tough, no stickers on it was what did it for me i reckon.

And on the evo topic there's a guy here in S.A called Tom Monkhouse now drifting an evo and doing quite well, i'll see if i can find a pic!

Edited by mr_rbman

this movie was actually really good imho.

the first 2 were f**king stupid, this one was good because it was completely different in every way to the others, no cheesy pun lines or anything.

i like what they do with the muscle car in this, that was pretty cool.

i think everyone is just jumping on a bandwagon here and saying the movie sucked cause everyone else is saying it sucked lol.

Besides, the chicks were rediculously hot in this, anyone who doesnt like that factor of the movie needs to stab him self in the face ^_^

Killer movie,

Just seen it,

love it every bits, a movies with hot cars and hot gals, hmmm...cant complain!

Damn hot ass Chics,

made me wana go japan for the perve!!!! :P

They probly recruited all the hot babes just for the movie, lol

damn

i saw it yesterday....

i was physically cringing in my seat at his driving abilities (or lack of) at the start of the movie..... i think i will need therapy after seeing some of the things he did....

still a little bit too much rice for my liking, though NOWHERE near as cheesy as the last 2 instalments.

chicks were FINE :P

storyline was semi-believeable.

overall, i rate it better than the other 2 movies, and i didn't mind it TOO much... lets hope they make another one, and make it even better again!