SAU Community

Dangerous Driving Update

Hi as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I had to go to court for a dangerous driving 94 in a 50 zone. I was on my P's at the time but moved on to my full license prior to receiving the summonz for court (im 22). I plead guilty and copped 6 months loss of license BUT i have to back on my p's on that new bulls#!t P1 P2 system because I was on my P's "at the time of the offence" :P . Just be aware all that 40kms over the limit IS dangerous driving, even if there is no one else on the road or no pedestrians its still dangerous driving because its a danger to yourself at those speeds. Be aware also that also if you get caught doin 40kms over the limit you will loose your license for a manditory minimum period of 12 months, yes 12 not 6 it has been changed..... Just thought everyone deserves a heads up as for me I got my bmx fixed and am gettin used to public transport again not to mention the unwanted attention I can expect when i get my license back that all p platers who own skylines receive by the cops....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play, you pay.

agreed >_<

94 in a 50 zone is pretty stupid in anyones language, and whether its 2pm or 2am there can still be someone crossing the road when u come round the bend and then your farkkt

think of your fine/suspension as a lucky escape in my opinion

Edited by CruiseLiner

driving over 40km/h isnt dangerous they just have you believe it is, so the laws enforce this

It is in a 50kmh zone dude. Assuming it wasnt a mountain road because thats different.

Because you see a 50kmh road might only be designed safly for 60kmh. So doing 108% faster than that, it could be quite dangerous.

I got done the other day on the melb road doing 162km/h while braking in a 100km/h....im am due to loose my licence at the end of the month....its sucks....12 months is TOO long....8 points is rediculas as well, but i agree with Sir-D....you play you pay

Edited by Julzilla

yes we all may speed, but we all know the law. if you break the law, you have to cop it and move on. no point bitching about it. the law came in about 12 months ago that if you are doing 40+kmh over the limit it is automatic loss of licence.

and as far as i know it has always been that if you get caught on your p's, then get your opens before you go to court, you are regarded as being on your p's.

also if you get booked and lose your last points, from the moment you get the fine, you are considered to have no points. it is not when you pay the fine. that is just when your suspension starts. so if you get pulled over before you have paid the fine you can be booked for unlicenced driving.

FFS, go to a track day or drag meet!

I'm sick of reading about idiots on this forum whinging because they've lost their license from excessive speeding. It's never bad luck, you fools deserve everything you get.

Aside from giving the rest of us enthusiasts a bad name, more importantly your actions jeopardise the safety of yourself and others on the road. Hopefully you'll all have the balls to realise this in future before (god forbid) you have to learn the hard way.

Aside from giving the rest of us enthusiasts a bad name, more importantly your actions jeopardise the safety of yourself and others on the road. Hopefully you'll all have the balls to realise this in future before (god forbid) you have to learn the hard way.

Amen I agree,

I don't normally jump into discussions such as this but after losing my license myself for speeding I do personally understand the implications of speeding. Yes in majority we do all speed occasionally but think about where and when you are doing it. I personally am a big advocate of 40 km/h school zones (even though I do not believe this is the crux of this thread) as they actually have a proper aim. 50 km/h zones yes do suck and are both annoying and often inappropriate, but hey that's the rules.

In the last year I have been privileged enough to receive driver training in a competitive racing team and this has taught me so much about driving and the limits of a particular vehicle system. Sorry if this sounds self righteous but I can only relate to what I know. Believe it or not, in even the most controlled environment it is easy to come unstuck and end up in a situation that can jeopardize all those around you. Do a motorcycle learners course and you will not beleive the things you will learn about road awareness and irresponsible drivers.

The last few years have taught me a lot. I have lost friends to vehicle accidents and met people who are crippled from them. Sorry to preach to you all as I am sure you are, in majority, a more experienced drive than me.

Keep racing to the track and think about what you are doing before you do it. We aren't all privileged enough to be as good as Michael Schumacher or Sebastian Loeb.....

Amen I agree,

I don't normally jump into discussions such as this but after losing my license myself for speeding I do personally understand the implications of speeding. Yes in majority we do all speed occasionally but think about where and when you are doing it. I personally am a big advocate of 40 km/h school zones (even though I do not believe this is the crux of this thread) as they actually have a proper aim. 50 km/h zones yes do suck and are both annoying and often inappropriate, but hey that's the rules.

In the last year I have been privileged enough to receive driver training in a competitive racing team and this has taught me so much about driving and the limits of a particular vehicle system. Sorry if this sounds self righteous but I can only relate to what I know. Believe it or not, in even the most controlled environment it is easy to come unstuck and end up in a situation that can jeopardize all those around you. Do a motorcycle learners course and you will not beleive the things you will learn about road awareness and irresponsible drivers.

The last few years have taught me a lot. I have lost friends to vehicle accidents and met people who are crippled from them. Sorry to preach to you all as I am sure you are, in majority, a more experienced drive than me.

Keep racing to the track and think about what you are doing before you do it. We aren't all privileged enough to be as good as Michael Schumacher or Sebastian Loeb.....

Wise words mate, good stuff. Sorry but to the people who lost their licence frankly deserve it. No sympathy from me.

and u wonder why cops hassle skylines and especially p platers, 90% of em are just immature kids who dont think past the fine. how would u feel mate if your mum or other family member was injured or killed from a person doin double the speed limit????

get into reality mate it aint gran turismo

Im sure none of you have put the foot down before.....dont criticise what you don't understand...you don't know what the circumstances at the time were and I don't need smart arse comments

Lemme guess... You were trying to out-run a cyclone perhaps?

Dont come here with "you dont know the circumstance" rubbish.

I fail to see any circumstance. I've been there and done it years ago, there is no "excuse" or "circumstance"

Lemme guess... You were trying to out-run a cyclone perhaps?

Dont come here with "you dont know the circumstance" rubbish.

I fail to see any circumstance. I've been there and done it years ago, there is no "excuse" or "circumstance"

his only excuse is the severe lack of brain cells :D