SAU Community

Cops Waiting Outside Gates At Morphettville!

-SKYLINE-

Hey,

Yesterday me and my brother headed to Autotekica at Morphettville for a bit of a look. He parked his car (VX Clubsport) inside the grounds and we proceeded into the show. After coming out after an hour or so we jumped inot his car and made(tryed) our way out of the car park. To our discust 2 traffic cops were waiting at the gates before heading on to Morphett rd. The cop told my brother to pull up next to his patrol car. We got out and asked what the problem was. He shouted to the other officer ' gees this ones low mate, that wont pass', then asked my brother to pop the bonnet. he had a look could see anything (not that he knew what he was looking for). Then got out his window tint tester and told us that it failed.

IN the end, he handed a defect notice over.

My point is.......... this is farked! What sort of public relations is this for the police to be waiting outside of a carshow pulling people over??

The VX Clusport is stock except of suspension mods.

What can be done in the future to stop this bullshit happening??

Cheers :P

Edited by -SKYLINE-

In the past Cops and Transport SA have had NFI about anything to do with cars. If your windows is stock standard, show proof from dealer where you brought the car. If they say it fails tell transport SA to take it up with Holden or HSV because it wouldn't be allowed to be registered in the first place or made if it didn't meet ADR.

If they haven't ping'd you on the suspension get it checked to make sure it is legal before being a Smart ASS!

BTW the coppers in SA is all about revenue raising that's what it is all about speed camera's radars everthing! It's because the state Gov over there has no bloody money.

Thats rough! Our government is about money. Anyone would think that having a low car is like a murder these days, well it seems like it. What happened to the real police that fight real crime?

Thats rough! Our government is about money. Anyone would think that having a low car is like a murder these days, well it seems like it. What happened to the real police that fight real crime?

Good question. What are they doing about they guys who meat cleavered my brother?... nothing meanwhile Ive been pulled over f$%k loads this year for being a skyline owner

What i don't understand is that the police are trying to get "us" to do our fast driving out on a track. for an example there was also a radargun set up behind some trees on the way out of Mallala after the drift. This sort of thing is going to stop people from attending these events.

Fuzzy scuz windows are tinted by the dealer not the manufacturer. If this is how it was done on delivery make a complaint to them.

I witnessed this too. They pick on us because we are an easy target. Its too easy for them to set up a defect station at the exit of a car show. combating real crime and real problems is obviously not their priority. It shits me to constantly hear that us import drivers are hoons driving our illegal skylines that are too low and too loud ..ect .. whatever else..

how many fatalities happened this weeked?? with the two combined mannum and coonalpyn accidents, it was quite a fair few!!! i dont think the crowds of police at morphettville racecourse did anything to help/prevent situations like this with their defect stations! because from what i understand drivers actions were to blame in both cases not vehicle modifications or the cars they drove & in one case a troublesome corner was to blame due to bad road surface in an area that should not be rated at 110kph.

sorry for the rant

When we went to the car show on sunday, there were 3 cop cars INSIDE the gates where all the cars were parked, defecting vehicles as they came in or as they left.

yep that would of been the same *%$#@ that defected us!!

Its not on. As some of the other guys were saying, its gonna stop people from attending these events.

There was some guy that started talking to us when we were getting defected...... i think he had something to do with the event - he started harrassing the cops until they told him to rack off or they would arrest him! - he was an oldish bloke about 6'ft tall with a bit of a gut, wearing a brownish vest, does any body know him????

cheers for the comments boyz! :D

yep that would of been the same *%$#@ that defected us!!

Its not on. As some of the other guys were saying, its gonna stop people from attending these events.

There was some guy that started talking to us when we were getting defected...... i think he had something to do with the event - he started harrassing the cops until they told him to rack off or they would arrest him! - he was an oldish bloke about 6'ft tall with a bit of a gut, wearing a brownish vest, does any body know him????

cheers for the comments boyz! :wave:

That was Graeme Rutgers who runs/owns AME.

He was well pissed with the police. :)

Good question. What are they doing about they guys who meat cleavered my brother?... nothing meanwhile Ive been pulled over f$%k loads this year for being a skyline owner

No shit hey! They should start by cleaning up the dickheads around my area.

I've seen coppers at nearly every import car event in the last year. Autosalon, SCS, Autotecknica. Haven't they got something better to do with their time?

And I'd be spewing if they told me my tint's illegal... it's dark but it was complied, and it also past a regency inspection without problems. If they told me i had to rip it off i would be well pissed off.

I was going to take my car, but a mate said that they are defecting there, so i left it at home and took my girlfriends car... and went to a mates place instead :P

I agree i am sick of being treated like a dangerous criminal because my car has an engine swap, brakes which make it stop better and suspension which handles better. Sure its a little loud and ? its not like we sit out the front of somewhere revving.

Yeh cops are getting worse everyday. picking on people just because they choose not to drive around a slow, stock family car.

the other day i got out of work at midnight to find my car in an empty carpark with a bike cop sitting on his a$$ next to it waiting for me. i look at him and get in my car and drive about 10 metres when he follows and flashes me. he questions me where iv been and what i was doing and where im going, brethos me, inspects the WHOLE car gets me to rev the engine (had no idea what to look for). after that he tells me to go straight home and that he doesnt want to see this car 'hooning' the streets.

Usually cops are alright but this 1 was a real prick he talked to me like i was a murderer or something. its cops like that who get pleasure out of siting outside a car show trying to defect every imported or modified car.

Those pricks! Can't you write a letter of complaint?

Next time I get pulled for no reason, i'm going to write to the minister and today tonight.

WELL WELL WELL NO SHIT! I have been spewing about these dickheads (cops)for ages and all the moderators want to do is rip my posts....... i'm sick of the cops and their revenue raising shit. its about time all of us rallied in king william street outside parliament house with all our modified cars and blocked North terrace.... CLASS ACTION is what im saying if we all band together and park all our cars outside parliament house to make our protest peacefully we may get some action..... apart from that PUT up with it and stop whining.

its about time all of us rallied in king william street outside parliament house with all our modified cars and blocked North terrace....

errr.. that's not the sort of action i'm talking about. But I understand your sentiments.