SAU Community

Installing An Rb20det Plenum... Done!

GTRNUR

No back to back testing... I was having a tune issue prior to installing it, and couldn't have been bothered fixing it, then tearing it all out and installing the new plenum and then re-wiring it all again.

I'm using the standard throttle body.

The seat of my pants estimate tells me that its about the same as stock, as far as overall performance goes. It does make the intercooler piping about 2.5 feet shorter tho compared to how it used to be, so the usual theory's about reduced lag are true not that i've noticed...

what power were you making when u maxed out the GTR injectors?

No idea as i never did a dyno run. Until I am happy with the cars performance i didn't see the sense of paying for a dyno run to fine tune the top end and get a power figure. Plus there is remmoving the front drive shaft and all every time i do a run.

It would easily get sideways spinning all 4 wheels in second when going down an on ramp sweeper onto the highway at about 80k's tho, so thats got to be about 330hp or so at the wheels.

Edited by GTST4Newbie

hi all first time i have added a comment.i as well have one of those inlet manifolds but with the 80mm throttle body.just in the proccess of putting the car back together as it has been repainted from white to blue.

post-29038-1152955485.jpg

post-29038-1152955625.jpg

post-29038-1152955685.jpg

post-29038-1152955719.jpg

post-29038-1152955881.jpg

Edited by wiked1

nice colour wicked1 btw is that hpc coated dump pipe? also i'd be relocating that afm and pod..

just stuck it on to get it running before painting the rest of the vehicle.no it's not coated it's stainless

Well I did my first drag event with my GTS4 last night. I managed 3 runs before I my fuel pump started causing eratic fuel flow (its screwed)...

My second run was the "cleanest" but would have been quicker if i'd shifted to 2nd quicker. It was a 13.826 at 116.97mph.

I launched at 6000 rpm, spinning all 4 wheels off the line. The car got traction in 1st and left the line so quick I wasn't ready to shift to second. I lost about a second there, and then had lag till it spooled in 2nd. The rest of the shifts were good.

I need more practice racing, but had fun anyway. I am told you can work out HP from the MPH and vehicle weight though I have no idea how. The car is stock weight and i'm 65kg. Can anyone do the math?

I was running 20lb boost, and reving to 7000-7500. GTR 440cc injectors, at 87% duty. The car was running a full interior with the spare wheel still installed.

i just got a reply from Stryder Performance.

to melbourne i was quoted 545US landed. bout 725AUD.

perhaps u got yours mixed up with the 550AUD landed price.. coz i cant see it costing 13US bucks to you in sydney even at 395US.

anyways.. not to worry.. not my point of my post.

did u have any other issues fitting it ...have u got any pics of the factory parts fitted back up asides from teh throttle body.

thanks

Matt

Nope, no other issues fitting it. The main problem was just the water plumbing that goes under the plenum.

Given the opportunity to re-install the plenum i'd have looked got a better place to install the temperature sensors too, though they are working fine where I installed them between the lower plenum water runner, and the front radiator hose section. I'll take a few more pictures if you need it.

• 3 weeks later...