SAU Community

Invite: HCC Track Day / Minisprint - 17 May 2003

typerlc

On behalf of the Honda Car Club NSW, I have pleasure in inviting members of Skylines Australia to our next Track Day, Saturday 17 May 2003 at Wakefield Park.

The morning will be like previous HCC Driver Training Days, with the track available for you to practice, and instructors available to ease your way onto the circuit.

The afternoon will be held as a timed supersprint. You will be able to see just how well you’re driving! Compare your times with your friends!

Safety is the number one priority, but fun comes a close second. Plenty of attention is given to first-timers, so don’t be afraid to give it a go.

Cost: HCCNSW Members $100

Non-members $120

For more info, call any one of:

Adrian 0417 411 006 David 0403 195 124

Michael 0422 443 686 Richard 0410 664 140

Download the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form here:

* http://www.hccnsw.org.au/events/regs/2003-...ms_suppregs.doc

* http://www.hccnsw.org.au/events/regs/2003-...hccms_entry.doc

Richard Colley

President, Honda Car Club NSW

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Plug!

I can't make this one, but I've been to 3 of these HCC days at Wakefield, they are probably your best chance to get on the track.

If you've been thinking you might give a track day a go, this is the one to choose - you'll get personal instruction, and plenty of space on the track.

Go Team Trackday!

Not in the past, may be different this time with the afternoon timed sessions. Over to you Richard.

Either way a CAMS L2S license is under $50, SAU will be able to issue them on the spot once it is CAMS affiliated. You could also join Honda club on the day if you want the CAMS license

Wakefield really isn't a track suited for Skylines, especially my Skyline, but I'll go... I haven't been to Wakefield for a while...

Originally posted by Duncan

Not in the past, may be different this time with the afternoon timed sessions.  Over to you Richard.

Either way a CAMS L2S license is under $50, SAU will be able to issue them on the spot once it is CAMS affiliated.  You could also join Honda club on the day if you want the CAMS license

I have 2 answers for this.

The polite one ... no you can use a CAM L2S or higher, or Wakefield license. Either are acceptable.

The not so polite one ... it's all described in the Supp Regs. All of this and more.

The spirit of the day is not a competitive, bet your house on it, kind of day. It is more one of fun and a chance to learn what your car can do in relative safety. Having said that, the 2nd half of the day will be timed and a little regimented like a formal supersprint.

We are running the day under a Wakefield permit, and that allows us certain flexibilities. e.g. we don't *require* a fire extinguisher, but you will be expected to have secondary bonnet ties.

I noticed that there's a Mopro round on the same weekend. Bummer. Not intentional Duncan, really :P

Dan a secondary bonnet tie is just a way of securing the bonnet in addition to the standard latch. The idea is to prevent the bonnet flying up if the latch fails.

A piece of sturdy cord is sufficient to do the trick. I use a thin tie down. Other suggestions:

* Swage some eyelets into a piece of thin steel cable with a snap shackle. (go to a ship chandlers)

* Bonnet pins (road legal???)

* Rope

Disclaimer: Obviously you don't want a tail flapping around and getting caught in your fan etc. Use common sense and go to a professional to do it for you if you can't figure out a safe way.

;)

Yeah I knew what one was Dino ;)... I just wasn't sure if you needed a CAMS approved one or not.

Thanks for the info... will go get peice of rope and attach to fan as suggested!!:bahaha:

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that the date for this event is fast approaching.

If you are interested in entering, please read the post at the top of this thread and send in your entry form or contact one of organisers above.

Places are filling up, so don't delay!

Regards,

Richard

Those word doc's were an interesting read.

For a "noobie wanna be trackdayer" like myself what else is required to actually get on the track. So far its:

* Second tie-down for bonnet

* Throat to ankles covered (im guessing some kind of race suit?)

* Non-nylon shoes

* Fire Ext not required but recommended (wheres the best place to mount these? I was thinking somewhere in the passenger side floor)

* CAMs license

What else would I need to prepare myself for a trackday ?

Any other noobie advice would be greatful, this HCC day sounds perfect although alittle too near for my liking.